• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Peculiar comment from examiner?

Cornholeo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Oklahoma city
Called today to check on status of two cans and talked to Daniel I believe he said. One went pending Sep 6 so I asked for a ballpark time frame and commented "about 6 to 9 months? in the same sentence. His reply was they are in meetings now to determine that. Trying not to read anything into this but that caught me as odd. Maybe they are in meetings to figure out a way to handle the back log is my quess and hope:rolleyes:

I called this morning when I woke up as well and got the same answer. The guy I spoke with was Damon if I remember correctly. He said the same thing that there were having a meeting today about the back log. I think it had more to do with the effect the government shutdown will have on the turn around time rather than ways to fix the clogged toilet (at lease that's what I took from it). It wasn't a concern to them these last few months when they were giving out 11 month turn around times so I think they could care less if they are backed another month.

I wonder how much work is getting done on the forms while they have these meetings. :-/

Different for different states. I believe Texas has its own examiner while Florida and Georgia share one. How many total is it now? 12?

Damon is a nice guy but the transfer times have been ridiculous this year. Last time i called in they insinuated that they didn't care about the paper forms anymore. It is frustrating but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I read on another form that examiners are being quoted 15 months from pending to approved now.

My form 4 went pending around the beginning of March and was approved Sept 30th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my last form 4 was at the dealer the first of August 2013 and it was sent in December 2012, 9 months. Less than a month later (1st week of January) I sent the 2 form 4's mentioned above and am still waiting on them.

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be 'meetings.'
-Dave Barry

I was quoted (yesterday, 10/29/2013) 15 months for something being submitted from todays date, when inquiring on something submitted in Feb 2013. at the time the 2/13 was submitted , I was told 8 months, but that has been pushed back, and no time frame given.

Called today 10/31/13 and was told with Eforms it was a 15 month wait with snail mail forms it could be up to 18 months

I called today and got a Peculiar comment from Damon. So now instead of a quote for March 2014 which is what I was expecting he says it's 9 months from the received date. I said wait? So you guys don't count by the pending status anymore? He says no. Mine was received April 23 so this pushes my estimate forward to January according to his comments.