• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Peep Sight help

Tac22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
I have been using my S&W 15-22(Tactical 22 rifle) for a little while now and I get a very good grouping at the moment. However I do shoot with both eyes open I can't seem to get a clear sight picture with out squinting. I am right handed. Now when i am looking down the sights should my left eye be closer or should i be mainlylooking down with my right eye? Seems like if my left eye is closer I can have both eyes fully open, but I lose focus sooner. Not sure if my eyes are weak or what... I want to do it correctly..

Re: Peep Sight help

If you're right handed and right eye domenent use your right eye.

If your left eye is closer to the sight then you need to work on your position.

Shoot with both eyes open. If that is distracting, then put some pasters (used to plug up target holes) or something on the left lense of your shooting glasses. Eventually you'll be able to eliminate the pasters.

What worked for me is something you can do sitting at your desk. Have both your eyes open and cover one and then the other back and forth every few seconds until you get used to the view shifting. Once you get used to it shifting try to start anticipating the shift and eventually you'll be able to change which eye you're "looking" out of at will without having to cover your eyes. That way when you get to the range you can just shift to your right eye and stay there, and be able to shoot with both eyes open without the left eye distracting you.

Thanks for the tips guys.. Went to the range today and workedon it and I feel I am now in a good position and have little to no issues now.. Did really well group wise and am fairly confident in my abilities. I tried covering left eye and then the right.here is what i notice. Right eye vision is actually a little blurry with my left eye being very clear.. this may be partof the issue, but didn't noticewhile at the range.. I will get the wife to take apic of my position and I'll PM it to you to see what you think or if there are any areas of address.. Ifthat is Okay with you of coarse..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're right handed and right eye domenent use your right eye.

If your left eye is closer to the sight then you need to work on your position.

Shoot with both eyes open. If that is distracting, then put some pasters (used to plug up target holes) or something on the left lense of your shooting glasses. Eventually you'll be able to eliminate the pasters. </div></div>

Thanks for the tips.. I refuseto shoot with one eye closed,i want to learn the "correct" way..