• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican 1750 foam

velvetant

The winds fault
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Northern Nevada
Looking for replacement foam for my pelican 1750 cases. I found a few places that want $65.00 for a complete set then want $40 to ship one state over. I think that's a bit much, or is $100 a set delivered the going rate.

Amazon has some options too. You can buy just the middle foam if your top/bottom are in good shape still. I think you can get that for just $34 shipped.

Cobra foam is great. I highly recommend (they also have stuff on Amazon which is how I found then, but much more extensive selection on website. Even have custom options)

I always get it from Amazon. Just make sure you get the one that says "from pelican" not "from cobra". The original pelican foam is way better quality than the cobra brand. I get the 3 PC. set too so I always have extra. It's not much more $.

I always get it from Amazon. Just make sure you get the one that says "from pelican" not "from cobra". The original pelican foam is way better quality than the cobra brand. I get the 3 PC. set too so I always have extra. It's not much more $.
Interested to know your experience with cobra as mine has been excellent (not super extensive experience but good none the less)

Interested to know your experience with cobra as mine has been excellent (not super extensive experience but good none the less)

The first time I ordered from Amazon for my 1720, I ordered the cobra brand. It was definitely different than the factory foam as it was lighter colored and not as firm (softer). The next time I ordered the one that said from pelican. It holds shape better and hold the gun in place better in my opinion.

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
Not a reliable source by any means, but could be an option to explore.. a couple years back I bought a used Pelican for dirt cheap with no foam. I went to a local auto upholstery guy here in town that had a ton of foam nearly identical to the stuff that comes in Pelicans. I took him a piece from one of my other Pelicans and he matched it.. cut me 3 pieces for $25 cash. Still using it years later, literally cannot tell any difference between that foam and the other 3 Pelicans I have.

Since you are cutting your own anyhow, check out tchweb.com. They are a road case hardware/materials supplier, and you can get full sheets (54" x 72" to 54" x 108") of foam in various densities and thicknesses for about what Pelican wants for one set . . .

How much are you looking to spend I’d say you could get the pelican foam on amazon for about $60 shipped.but if you wana get busy and creative you can get a sheet foam and cut to shape, quality is all that matters.

I got my foam today, I would say it's a little softer then the Pelican foam but not much.
I think I would use them again.

I’m looking for replacement foam for my 1750, that isn’t specific to one rifle. The main rifle I’ll be hauling in here has an atlas CAL that stays attached (wise). Would I get a good fit if I kept the original bottom foam in there and sandwich the gun between 2 egg crate pieces for the middle and lid? With three regular pieces I can get it closed but it’s too tight and the case bulges.