• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Air

Crews

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2017
    Hallsville, Tx
    Frank,
    @lowlight good call on the Pelican Air. I’ve got the 1605, and it’s just about perfect for an AIAT with a folding stock. Very light, not a pain in the butt to carry, and doesn’t look anything like a long gun case. Mine is still a work in progress, but here’s what I have so far:
    5758246E-F745-4221-B02F-0A9C80961953.jpeg
    476F1CFD-B3DA-4F1F-9D79-330242222CA5.jpeg

Reactions: Aceteck
    Nice! Still looking for a case for my AXMC, I wonder if this would fit or if I'd need something a bit longer.

I wouldn’t imagine there’s any reason an MC would be any harder to fit than at AT. There’s plenty of room to spare if you’re not packing the kitchen sink (which defeats the point). Only challenge is a 24” barrel with a muzzle device. Would have to find a way to put in in diagonal across top of rifle, or perhaps in the lid. It can be done with some effort, I think.

Yeah, factory 27" 338 barrel with factory brake is probably the longest part. Maybe the Pelican 1615 would work?

I bought a 1615 for my tripod, pack, and ammo before flying to TX for the NRL championship last year. Worked great! But man is it easy to hit 50lbs!

I had my pack, ammo, boots, and other junk that's normally in the pack in there and I got to 48lbs fast.

Wound up carrying the tripod on the plane with me. I'd be cool to have an AX or something set up for easy break down into a case this size, for classes and such.

I think you're bringing two bags for check in either way unless you ship the ammo ahead.

Reactions: TACC
    Just order a 1615 Air case. I really like the idea @lowlight for flying etc. My AT folded without the barrel will fit easily and I should have room for the RRS tripod and a range finder. I flew to SC for the Guardian last November and it was annoying using the standard long gun case. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Lowlight
    IM 2950 has loads of room. I can carry 200 rounds under this + tripod, magneto, sling and 26' barrel with room to spare. The wheels are essential.
    IMG_4511.jpeg

Reactions: MCHOG