• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Case for MagnetoSpeed V3 Kit?

M8541Reaper

Frozen Sour Patch Kid Cult Leader
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 23, 2011
    AZ
    Anyone here know what Pelican case would fit the MagnetoSpeed V3 kit (with soft case) inside of it? If not Pelican, what brand/model?

If you're using a different pelican and cut your own foam, pics would be appreciated.

I know the Mil contract kits came with a hard case that fit the MSV3's soft case. Looking for something to replicate that rather than buying a random case from a shop in Australia and going through all that hassle.

Thanks guys.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 6.04.41 PM.png

Try looking for a MS V3 hard case. Thats what mine came with, looks like a handgun case only slightly bigger. 14x10x4 approximate dimensions. also look into condition 1 cases or nanuk. foam can be bought for these and you can cut it or have someone like Gunformz do it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: M8541Reaper
    If you want to keep the case as compact as possible, the one you have linked is probably your best bet. If you are set on a Pelican case, you might like a 1485 or 1506 Air case depending upon what else you might want to put in there. Use the bayonet sensor as your guide as that takes up the most length. Just measure it out and pick a case that fits from the link below:

Shop Pelican Cases - Buy Direct. | Pelican Official Store

I use a Pelican 1600 for mine but I put all of my chronograph stuff in one case except for tripods.

IMG_3705.JPG

If you want to keep the case as compact as possible, the one you have linked is probably your best bet. If you are set on a Pelican case, you might like a 1485 or 1506 Air case depending upon what else you might want to put in there. Use the bayonet sensor as your guide as that takes up the most length. Just measure it out and pick a case that fits from the link below:

I use a Pelican 1600 for mine but I put all of my chronograph stuff in one case except for tripods.

View attachment 7487250
    This is awesome. I’ve been thinking about doing this so I can consolidate the LabRadar and the MS into a single case.

do you use the LabRadar base? Where do you keep that? I also thought about attaching a mount to the lid of the case to use that as the base

It doesn't fit the bayonet, but I put my display and the spooled cord in a Pelican 1010. Fits in a pocket.
    magneto_pelican.JPG

peli2.JPG

It doesn't fit the bayonet, but I put my display and the spooled cord in a Pelican 1010. Fits in a pocket.
    View attachment 7487279

View attachment 7487280
    Oh snaps, I like that idea. Thanks for the heads up.
    Try looking for a MS V3 hard case. Thats what mine came with, looks like a handgun case only slightly bigger. 14x10x4 approximate dimensions. also look into condition 1 cases or nanuk. foam can be bought for these and you can cut it or have someone like Gunformz do it.

Yea I’ve seen the ones that come from magneto with the kit, but was really just looking for a hard case that fits the kit in the soft case, like in the picture. Although I’ll dig through those brands you mentioned and see if they have something that might work. Thanks!

View attachment 7487250
    That’s a great lookin setup there.

I also have a Condition-1 case for my Lab Radar. Hadn't thought of putting my Magneto Speed in there as well...maybe I should. :unsure: Although my bayonet is on an MPA RAT mount and is really long to clear my suppressor. I don't think it'll fit this either.

IMG_20200226_165902071.jpg

Reactions: BT6.5
    Anyone here know what Pelican case would fit the MagnetoSpeed V3 kit (with soft case) inside of it? If not Pelican, what brand/model?

If you're using a different pelican and cut your own foam, pics would be appreciated.

I know the Mil contract kits came with a hard case that fit the MSV3's soft case. Looking for something to replicate that rather than buying a random case from a shop in Australia and going through all that hassle.

Thanks guys.

View attachment 7487181
    Why don't you just buy the one from huntsman

He doesn’t want to pay the VAT
    VAT can go fuck itself. I don’t know how these people live like this.

Why don't you just buy the one from huntsman
    I’m considering it because it was designed for it, but I like options and would prefer supporting a US business. Plus I have a few ideas I’m kicking around that I want to play with.

VAT can go fuck itself. I don’t know how these people live like this.

I’m considering it because it was designed for it, but I like options and would prefer supporting a US business. Plus I have a few ideas I’m kicking around that I want to play with.
    Contact magneto speed. They are a American company aren't they? Huntsman would just be importing it from the states.
    Ps we don't pay vat here but we do pay 10% gst

Contact magneto speed. They are a American company aren't they? Huntsman would just be importing it from the states.
    Ps we don't pay vat here but we do pay 10% gst
    I didn’t see it on their site for purchase but I’ll shoot em an email and see if it’s something they sell to the public.

Working on doing something, which requires finding a pelican or similar case for this.

What about a blow molded utility case?

1606840654671.png

Sub’d to for solution. I’m looking for the soft case cause the big case is yuge for what it is to store away.

What are the dimensions of the magneto speed soft case?

Got this off of Amazon fory sporter: Hermitshell Hard Travel Case for Vupoint Solutions Magic Wand Portable Scanner (PDSDK-ST470-VP).