• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Case Layout

Texas Knight

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2022
Texas
Hey Guys,
I finally got to cutting some new pelican cases and when I got to my bolt gun I was lnt sure how I wanted to set it up. I plan on keeping kestral, data book, extra mags and my TBAC ultra 9 (should be approved soon). Lets see some of those bolt gun Pelican case layouts! This is what I have so far.

Thanks!
TK
631AFBD2-94BC-4A33-87BF-3D3F624E28E1.jpeg

I prefer to have the gun flipped from what your picture shows.

I like to have the scope on the handle side. If your case has wheels, then the stock to the end with the wheels.

I prefer to have the gun flipped from what your picture shows.

I like to have the scope on the handle side. If your case has wheels, then the stock to the end with the wheels.
Luvdog,
Thats a good point, I can flip the foam around and be good to go. Thanks for the advice!

-Tk

Luvdog,
Thats a good point, I can flip the foam around and be good to go. Thanks for the advice!

-Tk

I know it looks better the way you have it... and in reality does it make any difference? Who knows, probably not.

But when I set my case down on it's edge when I'm transporting it, I'd prefer to have the scope towards the top. Less chance of the whole thing compressing the foam and putting my scope that much closer to hitting the edge of the case.

There are plenty of people who have been fine with the orientation you show, so do what works for you.

Cut a spot for your bolt... I don't like to transport with the bolt in the gun.

Flipping so scope near handle is covered so that's done. Less is more in a hard case as you want the foam to protect the rifle and scope. No need to put data book or Kestrel in there taking out protective foam but if you had a corner the Kestrel could go in. Put the bipod on the rifle and cut some room for it. As mentioned take the bolt out and cut a spot for it.

Here's one of my set ups that I have flown around the country with and never an issue.

Plano.jpg

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
You guys are cutting your foam? I rip out the middle foam and if it fits, it ships :ROFLMAO: