• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Storm Case foam

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I am looking to get a foam set for a Pelican Storm im3300 case that I just recently won? Are there any hide vendors that sell the replacement foam or where is best place to purchase it from?

I recently bought the filler piece (pluck style) off of Amazon for $38. This was for a 1750, so not sure if they carry the 3300, but worth a look.

I went through caseclub.com and bought standard polyethylene flat foam which is thicker and better supporting than the standard case foam after goofing my cuts for the inlay. I agree with minnesotamulisha to check out amazon for the cheapest full set of original solid case foam. For the top layer, I would stray away from pick and pluck which can fall apart after heavy use.

If you're looking for the actual Storm "original equipment" foam, I found the best price at B&H Photo when I was looking.

I have checked on Amazon and can't find them for the 3300 case. I will check out B&H. I have the top and bottom layer I just need the middle layer.

Anyone plastidip their pick and pluck foam? Was thinking of trying that to hold it together better but was looking for some opinions on how well it worked first.

Ebay has them for the storm im3300. Full sets. Rounded corners and all.
Usually these threads have someone come in screaming to only replace with closed cell foam types for better protection.:D

I was under the impression you needed to cut the foam down to fit in the case. I didnt know you where talking about cutting it out for your rifle.

I was under the impression you needed to cut the foam down to fit in the case. I didnt know you where talking about cutting it out for your rifle.
Nope. I needed the middle piece of foam after my failed attempt at cutting it. I started with an electric knife but ifit left too many jagged edges. A friend of mine has an old wire cutter table he fabricated years ago that I have used in the past but he is currently deployed so I can't get access to it.

Try Frank Eaton. Eatontacticalinnovations.com

I bought one of his AR10 inserts for a 1750 and we started talking about what a precision rifle insert should have slots for.

He sent me a prototype to look at. I posted a standalone thread.

They are supposed to start cutting foam for the IM33 next week.

Attachments

• 20180208_231740.jpg
    20180208_231740.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180208_232436.jpg
    20180208_232436.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180209_141116.jpg
    20180209_141116.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 73