• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pellet rifle out to 1000

When I was but a 13-14yo kid our driveway was 200+yds long. Cousin and I were playing Cowboys and Indians. I hit him with my Red Rider while he was hiding behind the mail box, and he "Plugged" the window I was shooting from in the garage. Dad whipped both our ass when he came home, cousin got a extra one when he got home. Thinking in todays context, we both would have been on TV, which could have turned into a book or movie deal, plus most likely got a lump sum settlement from the parents insurance company's to boot. Well thinking about that a little, the fines from OSHA for no safety gear probably would have eat up the funds any way.

True story,....

I shoot my Weihrauch HW90 out to 2160" on occasion. Great air rifle with cheapo Bushnell 4x scope on it. It is nearly 35 years old and it has never let me down. Plays hell with the gray squirrels which are obsessed about chewing up my wood siding on my Victorian home. It has even killed a couple of groundhogs although not dead in their tracks. Not cool when they crawl under one of the decks near the swimming pool in the heat of summer to die. Easy to find with the stink and all the damn flies. It's hard to get the wife motivated to remove fly infested carcasses tho. 60 yds(2160") is usually top of thick part of bottom crosshair when sighted in at 10 meters. So 1000" (or 27 yards) is extremely doable.

love the 1000 inches ;)

been doing 1728", with a 720" zero using crosman venom .22 caland 14.3 gr crosman premiums, 2" drop from the zero.

i think 1080" is my apex, going out in about a half hour to see how it works out using that.

cheap setup, but trigger time none the less in these times of ammo availability / cost. 500 "rounds" for under $9.00. the rifle really likes H&N trophy 14.66.

the whole thing is sort of like masterbating; it's not the real thing but gets you through in a pinch - and just as addictive.

for 10 shot groups:

10y -.5" ..................1 jagged hole
20y optic zeroed..... .75" group
30y +1".................. 1" group
40y 0 ..................... 1.5" group
50y -2" .................. 2" group

gotta get a PCP. a marauder is on the to do list

can't wait for the 36,000" guys response, after all the forum is beyond 1000 YARDS

What was your holdover?
IIRC it was just over the phone lines, don't recall that part as well as I do the ass beating.
I remember him saying he could see them hit in the garden, only target I recall being my F/O as well. :eek: