• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Peltor Protac xpi issue

zeroz

3m ta3
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
South central, co
I cant get them to stream music on my phone. I have them paired to the phone and calls work fine but the music comes through the phone still. I definitely have BT streaming and BT multi point enabled. Peltor CS didn't have much to offer except that I have it set up right , should be compatible with iPhone 11 and they should be working. They said I could send them in for an inspection for $69.

What's the model number of the unit you have?
peltor mt15h7p3ews6?

I bought some very recently on the trading post. Bought them under the impression the streamed music.

I also enabled Bluetooth streaming and multipoint.

I also called Peltors customer service. They took down my info over a week ago and have never called/emailed back.

From what I have determined from internet sleuthing is that my particular model listed above does not support music streaming. Other identical in every way but different model number models do, but mine doesn't.

It connects to my phone, streams phone calls and boom mic works, and has a Google assistant button on the bottom of right ear cup that also fires up Google assistant.

How the fuck does the device stream my phone and work Google assistant but it won't stream YouTube? Unbelievable amount of bullshit in my opinion. How much more software coding would it take to stream music if it can fucking connect to worthless Google assistant?

I wouldn't have bought them if I knew this was the limits of their functionality.

Last edited:
I have the same ones as you, likely bought them from the same guy on here. WTF, why do they have the enable stream option if they wont stream? For what I paid for them the comms with radio and phone capabilities is fine, but streaming music would have been a nice. The guy that was selling them said something about somebody else sent them in for a software update but Peltor didn't mention anything about that, they also said they should stream. Interesting you found that the model wont stream. Peltor will eventually answer after a long hold. I'll probably call them back at some point and inquire about the model and the potential software update.

They do stream music; at least mine do. They go from ambient listening to streaming to phone call seamlessly. Can be confusing to set up. Focus on the instruction manual. I have an iPhone 13. I bought them from the 3m seller on here who has a perfect rep. He is the go-to guy on here for Peltor. Pretty sure if you keep playing with them you'll have success.

Last edited:
They do stream music; at least mine do. They go from ambient listening to streaming to phone call seamlessly. Can be confusing to set up. Focus on the instruction manual. I have an iPhone 13. I bought them from the 3m seller on here who has a perfect rep. He is the go-to guy on here for Peltor. Pretty sure if you keep playing with them you'll have success.
I've read the manual. I've called Peltors customer service and they've walked me through the setup process. No joy.
Bluetooth and multipoint are enabled. phone call works. Google assistant works. Why does music not work? Please enlighten me to what we are doing wrong. If you reply with I'm not a customer service agent then why bother replying in the manner you did in the first place. I didn't say anything negative about seller. Don't intend to. His sales process was top notch. I just want a working product.

I've read the manual. I've called Peltors customer service and they've walked me through the setup process. No joy.
Bluetooth and multipoint are enabled. phone call works. Google assistant works. Why does music not work? Please enlighten me to what we are doing wrong. If you reply with I'm not a customer service agent then why bother replying in the manner you did in the first place. I didn't say anything negative about seller. Don't intend to. His sales process was top notch. I just want a working product.
I had to play with mine for a while to get them to work what with Peltor’s non-user-friendly menu. I can’t walk you through it because I am not in a location where I can access mine right now. What I’m trying to say is just start over with the setup. Take a fresh look at it. IIRC, there is a “set-up” menu and another menu with only about four selections. You need the menu with about ten items in it. It can be a little like trying to see if the refrigerator light really does go out situation.

Having the same trouble with mine. If you get it figured please let us know.

Having the same trouble with mine. If you get it figured please let us know.
So I figured it out and it is complicated. If you have the manual use figure 10 for a detailed explanation. But if you don't hear is what you do.
1. Shut off your headphones.
2. Press the g8/bluetooth button (or button on bottom of right headphone) and power button together for two seconds.
3. hold up volume button and down volume button at same time for two seconds
4. press power button one second
5. Press up volume button and down volume button at same time for one second
6. scroll though menu to streaming menu and up or down to change enable.
Then you may need to shut off the headphones or your phone for it to connect.
This whole thing is a pain in the butt. however, I did get mine to work.

Reactions: grapo
To be clear you have the model number mt15h7p3ews6 and were able to get streaming music from the phone, not just able to connect for phone calls. Mine act like everything is enabled and connected yet it still wont play music. Ive gone through the menu multiple times and enabled streaming to no avail

To be clear you have the model number mt15h7p3ews6 and were able to get streaming music from the phone, not just able to connect for phone calls. Mine act like everything is enabled and connected yet it still wont play music. Ive gone through the menu multiple times and enabled streaming to no avail
If I remember right you have to enable "multi-point" also.

So I figured it out and it is complicated. If you have the manual use figure 10 for a detailed explanation. But if you don't hear is what you do.
1. Shut off your headphones.
2. Press the g8/bluetooth button (or button on bottom of right headphone) and power button together for two seconds.
3. hold up volume button and down volume button at same time for two seconds
4. press power button one second
5. Press up volume button and down volume button at same time for one second
6. scroll though menu to streaming menu and up or down to change enable.
Then you may need to shut off the headphones or your phone for it to connect.
This whole thing is a pain in the butt. however, I did get mine to work.
You are the man, this worked perfectly for my set, i appreciate it.

Hello, I too have not been able to stream to my Peltor headset (mt15h7p3ews6}. I have enabled both the "streaming" and "multipoint" under the setup menu. Any help or additional info would be much appreciated . Thanks all.

Hello, I too have not been able to stream to my Peltor headset (mt15h7p3ews6}. I have enabled both the "streaming" and "multipoint" under the setup menu. Any help or additional info would be much appreciated . Thanks all.
I just got a set of these to replace my old WS 100 ( which were great ). What I had to do to get them to work was to start from scratch, delete the headset from your phone. Turn on the headset without pairing your phone and go into the set up menu as outlined in fig 10 of the quick guide. Enable bluetooth streaming and confirm. The unit will shut off. Go back in and enable multipoint. Again the unit will turn off after confirming. NOW, turn it back on and pair the headset with your phone and now you should be able to stream your music. I have the MT15H7AWS6 and an Android phone. Hope this helps everyone.

Somehow got music to play through mine when I’d almost given up and asked Siri. Now just always plays music when I want it to without having to ask Siri again