• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD PENDING----JM MARLIN 336W LIKE NEW, best reasonable offer

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
JM MARKED, 336W LIKE NEW (30-30)

Only issues are slight mark on hammer from a hammer spur and no receiver "plug" set screws. Rifle was professionally taken apart, cleaned and reassembled, test fired. This is very clean, no corrosion, wear, etc.

Prices are all over the place on these, contact me to begin discussing final price, I'm open on it.

USPS money order or a check with hold and cashed out.

900 negotiable and best reasonable offer of course.

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: Hondo1
Hey, Sorry, should have mentioned how to check this. Take The first 2 numbers of the serial Number. Subtract those from 100.
So let's say the first two #s is 20.
20 - 100 is 80......1980
Marlin also used letters in early models. So if it has letters, you can look those up to reflect what yr it is.

Also in 1968 - 1973 they used the actual date. So the serial # would look like this.
68. 00056783

Hayden.

Reactions: fanninland
Correct!

I do believe the W behind 336 Means Walmart. So this model of Marlin was originally sold at Walmart. Marlin made their rifles for lots of stores over the yrs. I have several that are from Montgomery Wards, Otasco, True value Hardware, Sears. Etc. All are called something different than a Marlin 336. But they are all made by Marlin, just different features.

Hayden.

Reactions: bullseye13
Correct!

I do believe the W behind 336 Means Walmart. So this model of Marlin was originally sold at Walmart. Marlin made their rifles for lots of stores over the yrs. I have several that are from Montgomery Wards, Otasco, True value Hardware, Sears. Etc. All are called something different than a Marlin 336. But they are all made by Marlin, just different features.

Hayden.
The "W" simply denotes the series.
Wal Mart does/did indeed sell 336W's but i do not believe Marlin made them especially for WM or that WM was the only distributor, it is a myth.
20220324_073024.jpg

Reactions: bullseye13