• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Pennsylvania Members

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
Well, my family and I will be moving out to Washington, and was hoping I could hook up with some hide members out there so I could get some range time before boot camp.

Re: Pennsylvania Members

I'm not help for ya, a little to far west for me.

West central PA here, Altoona, Johnstown area

Any shooters from that area?

Nice 500 yrd range i frequent in that area, good times.

I'm about 30 min from Washington, always looking for shooters, and have some steel set up to shoot at the farm. Pm and we can get out,.

Im in Central PA and Im looking also , there is a 100 yard range but just a small range. Any help would be great, Im in Dover Township near York.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not help for ya, a little to far west for me.

West central PA here, Altoona, Johnstown area

Any shooters from that area?

Nice 500 yrd range i frequent in that area, good times. </div></div>

Your not to far from me. I live in the Somerset area.

I used to live in Dingmans ferry years ago and if I remeber there was a range up way up on 739 on the stae lands, dont know if it is still there

I am in the Pittsburgh (15219) and Harmony (16037) area! I am always down to go shooting! I have been doing a lot of it these past couple days!

where is there a 500 yard range around Altoona? I live outside of Duncansville, PA

Hi,Im from Northern WV Bruceton Mills 20min out of Morgantown towards Maryland. Sort of new to long range but I have been doing some practice . Just looking to shoot with someone . PM me Thanks Eric

I'm in southeastern and there's no good long ranges out this way

I know it's not long range but I've been going to Service Rifle matches at Central Jersey.
Great range, great folks.
300 yard range.
The any rifle any sight matches are good if you have a Jersey compliant rifle.
The next one is in July.

I live in MD but my family has land in Bedford Co, I shoot over 1k there a few times per year. BTW, Shay, good to see you are still around buddy.

Well I finally got my guns up here and looking to shoot. I'm in clearfield if anyone wants to go shoot sometime.

Well I finally got my guns up here and looking to shoot. I'm in clearfield if anyone wants to go shoot sometime.

Im not sure whats around Clearfield long distance wise. Mifflin County is about an hour and 15 minutes south east of you and goes out to 1050. Membership is real easy there is a few stores that you can walk into in Lewistown buy a membership and then hit the range vs send it in via mail and wait about a month. I know of a State Game range around the State College area not sure how far it goes too but there you will need either a hunting license or the permit which I believe is 30 a year for the permit. Reade Range is about 45 minutes from you and goes out to 1000

Don't forget Ridgway, PA. North of Dubois and has a 1000 yard range. There is a VBR "varmint bench rest" match on Aug 2nd and 3rd.
I'm a member and wouldn't mind showing you guys around.
The VBR is a steel target match from 850 to 1000 yards. You shoot silhouettes of crows, ground hogs, bobcats and coyotes. No membership needed to shoot the comps.
IMG952620.jpg

Don't forget Ridgway, PA. North of Dubois and has a 1000 yard range. There is a VBR "varmint bench rest" match on Aug 2nd and 3rd.
I'm a member and wouldn't mind showing you guys around.
The VBR is a steel target match from 850 to 1000 yards. You shoot silhouettes of crows, ground hogs, bobcats and coyotes. No membership needed to shoot the comps.
View attachment 43566

I'm back home in Pa taking care of my Mom until late Aug or early September. Looks like the VBR Championships are Aug 2 & 3. It's within a 2 hour drive so I think I'll make the trip up check it out and take some photo's.

I'm back home in Pa taking care of my Mom until late Aug or early September. Looks like the VBR Championships are Aug 2 & 3. It's within a 2 hour drive so I think I'll make the trip up check it out and take some photo's.

I'll be on either bobcat 2 or coyote 2 for a bench. This is mostly a bench gun dominated comp. I'm in the 12 lb class with a 6.5 creedmoor in a pierce Ti action and manners T5a with a mini-chassis. I'm one of the few that use a tactical style rifle.

I'll be on either bobcat 2 or coyote 2 for a bench. This is mostly a bench gun dominated comp. I'm in the 12 lb class with a 6.5 creedmoor in a pierce Ti action and manners T5a with a mini-chassis. I'm one of the few that use a tactical style rifle.

I'll drop you a PM closer to match day when I know my schedule better to coordinate meeting up. I see the Champ match is a 2 day affair, I'm assuming 80 aggregate? I actually have my .260Rem in a Manner's T2 and TBAC with me in Pa, but only brought about 40 rounds with me. Too bad it isn't a normal monthly match, I'd love to give it a whirl. Do they allow suppressor's? I'm assuming a muzzle brake is a no go.

I'll drop you a PM closer to match day when I know my schedule better to coordinate meeting up. I see the Champ match is a 2 day affair, I'm assuming 80 aggregate? I actually have my .260Rem in a Manner's T2 and TBAC with me in Pa, but only brought about 40 rounds with me. Too bad it isn't a normal monthly match, I'd love to give it a whirl. Do they allow suppressor's? I'm assuming a muzzle brake is a no go.

brakes and suppressors are allowed. The match is monthly the first Sunday each month from May to October. Normal match fees are 15$ and 30$ a day for the 2 day. You can shoot just one day if you want. The 2 day is aggregate of 80 possible. With sighters you normally shoot 60 rounds per day.

The range is open every day to members so PM me if you want to check it out. You just have to drive out and set the targets yourself on the off days.

Varmint BR Silhouette Match at Ridgway Rifle Club

It was an overcast and drizzly day, largely calm winds except when I was shooting crows! ;) I must say this is a very interesting and addicting game. I had a great time and will certainly try to make it back whenever I am home in Pa. My attendance was largely serendipity due to kalindark's post here on the Hide, and the fact that I had my competition rig with me. I would have preferred to have few more rounds for sighter shots, but I did fairly well with only one sighter on three of the four stages. I only had 43 rounds for a 40 shot CoF. I was the only person to shoot off a bipod and when I come back I'm going to see if they will let me shoot prone.

Thanks to kalindark for the invitation, excellent hospitality, and all the help spotting! He was a great asset in cobbling together my score of 14 out of 40 (2 crows, 4 ground hogs, 3 bobcats, and 5 yotes). I had so many close misses on the crows, hogs, and bobcats! The targets are ~ 0.5 MOA at their widest part. It was a great day all around. If you are withing a 3 hour drive of Ridgway and like to shoot long range you REALLY should try to attend this match.

15" tall by 5.5" at widest point.....shot at 900yds

It was a great meeting and putting faces to screen names. Met Flyboy this morning.
He went 4 for 4 coyotes with 10 power off a bipod.

Look forward to shooting with you guys again. Take care.

I had a great time today out at ridgeway with kalindark. It was good to get out and burn some powder. I was getting frustrated at my misses until he showed me the targets were .5 moa. Then I was pretty happy with my shooting. Looking forward to going out again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
It looks like I will be back for the Oct 4th match. Kalindark has already secured me approval from the MD so that I can shoot prone in Unlimited. The tentative plan is to run the 6.5 SAUM prone in unlimited and the .260Rem off the bench and a rest in Heavy gun.