• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Penny shot

Re: Penny shot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, I want one with 5 in it. </div></div>

I'd love to try, but they don't tent to stick around after being hit....

Usually we'll drill some recess in a board with a forester bit, and stick them in. I'll try putting five in a board, and see if I can get them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Defacing US currency........... </div></div>

I'll be sure to use a Canadian penny next time.

Pennies are worthless anyway.

How did you recover the penny? Whenever I tried to shoot coins they always got launched real far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pennies are worthless anyway.

How did you recover the penny? Whenever I tried to shoot coins they always got launched real far. </div></div>

They are set inside recesses drilled in a board, that keeps them from flying away, and then they just fall to the ground...

That's an awesome photo! I like how the edges are curled around on the exit side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: westford86</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, I want one with 5 in it. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I'd love to try, but they don't tent to stick around after being hit....</span>

Usually we'll drill some recess in a board with a forester bit, and stick them in. I'll try putting five in a board, and see if I can get them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Defacing US currency........... </div></div>

I'll be sure to use a Canadian penny next time.
</div></div>

put it behind some duct tape and use a red sharpie to outline the penny on the duct tape. it won'y go anywhere and you will be able to shoot a few thru it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dwt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cheapskate </div></div>

HEY! The bullet used to make that hole cost 22¢!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PointBlank321</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When is the obama dollar coming out? </div></div>

They don't seem to have the schedule set past 2016/ Gerald Ford... http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/?action=schedule They don't get a coing until they have been deceased for two years.

As someone who takes an interest in numismatics, I've got to say those new coins are just awful. They feel like arcade tokens, they're just cheap. Money these days, it just isn't what it used to be...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">next, a JFK dollar.

back and to the left, back and to the left. </div></div>

too soon?

Mutilating US coins isn't a crime if it's not used fradulently or for the metal value.

So as long as you don't try and use that as a 1 cent piece or get the metal out of it, you're fine.

That's how penny smashing machines at tourist attractions are legal, otherwise all those souvenir pennies that are all streched out would be illegal contraband.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mutilating US coins isn't a crime if it's not used fradulently or for the metal value.

So as long as you don't try and use that as a 1 cent piece or get the metal out of it, you're fine.

That's how penny smashing machines at tourist attractions are legal, otherwise all those souvenir pennies that are all streched out would be illegal contraband. </div></div>

I was hardly worried about the feds getting bent out of shape over some pennies. The laws around defacing money are throwbacks to when money was actually valuable, and not just a symbol of value, gold and silver coins...

I can never tell on the internet if people are being serious, but anyone worries about defacing US currency should go arrest kids that flatten coins on RR tracks, or people who draw all over dollor bills, or use those damn penny stretching machines; criminals, those damn kids are all criminals!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tpb10505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh the irony!</div></div>

Or the "zincony" as the case may be. Copperwashed zinc. May as well be plastic, or like the rest of our fiat currency, silly putty, worth whatever value the fed can make stick to it.

It is only illegal when one tries to spend the money after messing it up.

You're defacing money, that's not 5-five shot groups all in the same picture and that's definitely not a ten shot group so you are breaking all kind of... Just kidding man

That is BADASS. Can't believe how it left the uniformed jagged edges. Looks like a perfect hit. Pretty cool picture too.

That's why I say hey man nice shot, what a good shot man.

awww the year that i was born sweeet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tpb10505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh the irony!</div></div>

Or the "zincony" as the case may be. Copperwashed zinc. May as well be plastic, or like the rest of our fiat currency, silly putty, worth whatever value the fed can make stick to it. </div></div>

Not that one. Pre-1982, 100% copper.

how far would one go to make a small washer and save a few pennies instead of bying one already made
smile.gif

nice shot bro

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what did you shoot it with? </div></div>

22-250

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how far would one go to make a small washer and save a few pennies instead of bying one already made
smile.gif

nice shot bro </div></div>

They do serve some of the same functions as a washer; like weighing down string on a pull chain light socket...

http://www.westford86.com/snipershide/coins/nickle_string.jpg
http://www.westford86.com/snipershide/coins/nickle_string_2.jpg

I've attempted this a few times with my 308 to show off to my old man. The pennies never stay in tact for me. They separate into pieces.

I've had a couple kimbers, and when you get a shooter, you get a shooter! Great shot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ak74u28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awww the year that i was born sweeet! </div></div>

LOL...me too - it was the first thing I noticed.