• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PENTAX Lightseeker 8.5x-32x 50

classicshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2013
Florida
Anyone ever use/owned a Pentax Lightseeker 8.5x-32x50 rifle scope. I have something listed for sale locally, and this scope was part of a package deal a guy has offered as a trade. The thing is I do not know anything about these scopes. Has anyone used one? Opinions? Value? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The pentax scopes are made by burris I believe the lightseeker is there higher end model which is in the $400 range the lightseekers are supposed to be made in usa but that's all I have my brother in law has the gameseeker 8.5-32x50 ($200) that he mounted on a 270 has about 300rds through it and the scope is doing good the glass is good for the price point but picks up the heat off the barrel quite a bit
Not a recomendation just all I know

The pentax scopes are made by burris I believe the lightseeker is there higher end model which is in the $400 range the lightseekers are supposed to be made in usa but that's all I have my brother in law has the gameseeker 8.5-32x50 ($200) that he mounted on a 270 has about 300rds through it and the scope is doing good the glass is good for the price point but picks up the heat off the barrel quite a bit
Not a recomendation just all I know

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to pass on the deal, mostly because I cannot find to much about them. You are the only person the had anything to say on all the forums I asked.

Years back I went on a prairie dog hunt with Pentax. I was a huge fan of the 80mm ED spotter which has incredible reviews even from birders. I used several of the Lightseeker scope with their new reticle design. All the scope worked well and have great optics. If your getting a good deal they are very good scopes Id go for it. It turned out I became very good friends with one of the guys in the company. Pentax never but much money into advertising thats why you just don't see them. He left the company but to all the cutbacks in soprt optics. I beat the scopes us over 3 days and it never failed me.

No problem it would depend on who you ask if the optic was worth it or not the over $500 optic guys would shun you for buying it. The under $400 guys would say let me know how it does. I think there are better scopes for the money out there but I have never used the light seeker just the game seeker but the turrets felt like they were sloppy and would become an issue over time
But I am sure not the smartest man around either