• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pentax Lightseeker Scope

jre4192

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2011
Ohio
Anyone have any first hand opinions of these scopes? Good, bad, or ugly?

Re: Pentax Lightseeker Scope

I have one, a 6x24x44 it is one of the first one made. Glass is great use it on my .204. one day I will sell it. switching all my scopes over to MIL/MIL. As far as the newer ones the
Lightseeker II's have no knowledge of how good they are.

Burris in a different label. Poor tracking and wondering POI a given,whether it fixed or variable. BT/DT.

I've a Lightseeker that I've had for years, guess about 20. I recently put it on my Rem 700 because the cross hair is much finer than that of my Zeiss. Made a world of difference in my accuracy, but I knew that was going to happen. The only problem, it's just a duplex reticle, but I know how to use the differences in the stadia for ranging.

It's a very sturdy scope and the glass quality is very good. And it does pull in a lot of light. Great piece of glass for dawn/dusk hunting or shooting.

I dont believe the lightseeker I'm looking at is current production. I'm not familiar with the line so I'm not really sure how old it may be. Claims to be 6-24 x 50. Have they always been associated with Burris or were the older ones something all together different?

After speaking to Pentax it appears that the scope I'm looking at is 15 - 20 years old. Any idea of quality or what it may compare to?

I did a few tests with a Lightseeker a few years back and it was a great scope. Tracked fine and nice glass. I would have liked better turrets but aside that I had no complaints. Shoot it and enjoy. Hey you already owe it so see how it works for you.

Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought this Lightseeker I've been asking about. Should have it in a few days. Found it on Ebay, I was the only bid and got it for 299.99. Hope its not a turd.

My Lightseeker arrived today. First appearances look great. My upper from WOA has not arrived yet, so I have nothing to mount it on just yet. I took it out in the yard and looked through it though. This thing is crystal clear and plenty bright enough. My longest line of sight with something to focus on was 215 yards and I could easily read a license plate with it on 20x. As long as it adjusts well and holds zero I think I may have hit the jack pot on this think for the price.