• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

People don’t want to go back to work?

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
Not sure if anyone knows the nationwide average numbers, I’d be interested in hearing if they do.

My experience

I was briefly furloughed during the earlyish part of covid.

After hearing all the news, I decided to perhaps buy a new home, maybe test drive a Ferrari, I mean I was about to hit it big, to the point I probably wouldn’t want to go back to my well compensated career that I enjoyed, at least that’s what the interwebz told me.

Well it took forever to get the money, but for the few months I got about $1200 a mo.... WTF?

You mean to tell me that all the people in my area, where rent for a 1 bed place is about 1k a month, were making $1200 or less??? That doesn’t hold water. Looking back, when I was a teen working as a valet I made more than that.

Needless to say I decided to go back to my career in short order, and with a more financially established and “covid proof” company, but I just scratch my head at the notion that even a bar back is hitting it big collecting covid bucks vs going back to work, the numbers don’t make sense.

Am I missing something here?

*yes, I think the stimulus BS is stupid, and the best stimulus would be for the gov to quit outlawing work and to stay in its own lane.

Fed increase to unemployment is $300 wkly. That's on top of existing unemployment. I would assume these people are also eligible for other handouts. That's why you can't count on getting some fried chicken & mashed tators from Jack's and why Pilgrims is giving $2000 signing bonuses to chicken catchers.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
You are a fucking retard, and must think everyone is as ignorant and stupid as you are. The poor are making a reasonable and calculated decision based on reality the reality of the woketard/fucktard policies of the left.

If I make $620/week ($320 state unemployment benefit and +$300 Federal Covid Relief) that's the equivalent of a $30,000/year job. It is not just the $30K and below people who will stay at home, but for them there's nothing to think about. You would be stupid to work if you make less than $30k.

At what point does the the commute to work and normal, everyday, business expenses outweigh the $30k for doing nothing? For a lot of people with a long commute, or with jobs that pay under $40k-$50K per year isn't worth it just for the price of gas when it's over $3. Throw in the schools being closed because of teachers unions who think like you're woke ass, and suddenly you are at $50k just to break even, and that's with only one child.

What you commie motherfuckers don't understand is that all your policies crush the poor, and destroy the economy, because you remove all incentive to both work and to better yourselves. At least these policies will be abandoned for another fifty years till the next generation of morons who know no history and think they know everything will take over like this bunch of retards, Biden being the head retard.

4gwn8n.jpg

It's a major problem. Basically, anyone who makes 50k or less isn't going back to work because they make a good bit more not working with this wonderful policy in place. All the electrician helpers, Hvac, plumbers helpers, ect... are sitting at home. Causing major issues when we already had major issues.

I hate saying this, but most people are lazy POS's... path of least resistance, living day to day, relying on the system to see everything through. I feel for those that had no choice, and their place of employ went the way of the Dodo. If you haven't learned that life isn't always a constantly trending line graph upwards and to the right, then better wake the fuck up buttercup.

We took out stimulus, cashed it, and buried it in the backyard. I could've taken a PPP loan and sat back and reloaded everything I had and call it a vacation. I know others that I refer work to, pulled the plug on their operations and took the time off. Free money? They thought they'd be stupid not take advantage. Key phrase - take advantage.

Fuck all that, I saw it as an opportunity to get way ahead of the lazy fuckers who didn't see it as the chance to fill the gaps.

Now? I have more work than I know what do with, hell, I'm booked into mid 2022 and there's no end in sight. Most are calls I get "hey I got your name from (some other person who told them about me)... My colleagues who took the time off? They're floundering and can't get their shit back together, which is just making more work for me, and I charge by the hour mofo. Cha-ching. Bought us 15 acres of remote farmland with the "extra" coin made last year.

A rolling stone gathers no moss...

If you don't work, you don't eat...

Fuck being lazy and unmotivated, cuz it'll fuck YOU in the end.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the CDC forced this shit:

So, now a person is getting $620 a week and living rent free

Outside of places like NY where are you living rent free?

1200 a mo, or even 2k isn’t shit, I mean I can’t even mix but the most basic drinks and I could get a job bar tending on the side and make more than UA

Shit I’m like $500 a mo in beer and espresso alone lol

Last edited:
Don’t forget, the benefits are also tax free. Mind you, they might have not been paying much in taxes to begin with, but their disposable ‘income’ has gone up. The ones that got a pay rise from the Biden bucks really fuck me off.

Business owners should not have to compete with the government to hire employees.

Don’t forget, the benefits are also tax free. Mind you, they might have not been paying much in taxes to begin with, but their disposable ‘income’ has gone up. The ones that got a pay rise from the Biden bucks really fuck me off.

Business owners should not have to compete with the government to hire employees.

tax free? Did not know that

For me, even tax free I was laughing at the amount I got, like well this can be my going out to eat budget I guess lol

Hope my accountant knew that was tax free...

Reactions: uffduh
Interesting note on california. As draconian as their covid response was, and as many businesses as they shut down permanently, tax revenue is up. Since the tax season was extended, they dont know just how much its ip, but the state will have a surplus. Hard to believe, but that seems to be the case.

I don't see the problem, All these companies have said for years if you raise wages they will automate. Well sounds to me like the low wage workers are telling them to go for it! Raise wages til people will work for them or find a new direction to move the business. I don't feel the least bit bad for these companies, because the the free market works both ways. our Government has been handing out tax brakes and free money to the businesses forever now the shoe is on the other foot.

I don't see the problem, All these companies have said for years if you raise wages they will automate. Well sounds to me like the low wage workers are telling them to go for it! Raise wages til people will work for them or find a new direction to move the business. I don't feel the least bit bad for these companies, because the the free market works both ways. our Government has been handing out tax brakes and free money to the businesses forever now the shoe is on the other foot.

That’s true of some stuff, but there are also cheap ass companies.

Tale of two places I eat.

One place, constantly revolving door of staff, always constantly mediocre food, always hiring, post covid; included tip, so I just go with their 12-14ish percentage vs the 20% is tip if left to my own choice. The food is subpar and they get a vibrant crowd, despite a great location and cool building

place two, about 3min drive, never seen a help wanted sign, regular customers, highly regarded despite the building being much more quaint, great food, happy staff.

Automating some stuff is fine, but I’ve also hung up on companies with the shitty never ending automated phone BS.

I also would never go out to eat at a automated cafeteria type deal.

Some places are also taking advantage, advantage of blaming EVERYTHING on covid, like bro your business sucked before covid, how’s it the wuhan flus fault that your place still sucks.

I was terminated/laid off for 6 months and got the extended benefits. I held up OK but even with the extended money/extra money I *was not* making enough to do it long term. And then there was the $1200 a month COBRA payment I picked up to keep Health insurance on. I really loathed the company shucking me out the door like a piece of shit (and making my coworkers do the work I was told didn't exist) and then I discovered why the company let 200ish people go April 1 2020 - they got *$3.8 Million!* because they were now below the 500 employee limit to get PPP $.

Fucking multimillionaire's tossed us working guys to The Wolves to get millions in PPP money and set my retirement back at least a year.

Fuck 'em - I hope they have to pay 2x what they were paying last year to fill their worker needs.

VooDoo

I was terminated/laid off for 6 months and got the extended benefits. I held up OK but even with the extended money/extra money I *was not* making enough to do it long term. And then there was the $1200 a month COBRA payment I picked up to keep Health insurance on. I really loathed the company shucking me out the door like a piece of shit (and making my coworkers do the work I was told didn't exist) and then I discovered why the company let 200ish people go April 1 2020 - they got *$3.8 Million!* because they were now below the 500 employee limit to get PPP $.

Fucking multimillionaire's tossed us working guys to The Wolves to get millions in PPP money and set my retirement back at least a year.

Fuck 'em - I hope they have to pay 2x what they were paying last year to fill their worker needs.

VooDoo

I also know of some places who got lit up for “laying off” folks who were actually paid by the customer regardless, to get that sweet gov PPP

Another place furloughed most of their staff during what would have been their slow season anyways, bought a new building during that time, actually invited furloughed staff to a party to celebrate the new building.

Covid did make it easy to point out the shit birds in gov, business, and workers who were very fast to take advantage of it.

Out of all the groups using the system, the waiters and fry cooks are the very bottom of the list of tax payer victimizers

The root issue is Godlessness.
Fewer Christian believers = way less Christian work ethic, that this nation and culture was founded upon.

Lol

If you need a creation mythos to tell you why victimizing others is bad, that’s not good.

I have not seen any evidence god exists, I’m not opposed to it being a possibility however, I also am very confident I could get away with most crimes if I put a little planning into it, do you know why I don’t go rape, kill and steal? Because I’m not a piece of shit, and as a man I know it’s wrong and thus it’s not something I’d even entertain doing.

If you need laws or god to come to the same conclusion, I don’t know what to tell you.

It's a real problem... hiring professional/salaried positions isn't an issue... but hourly positions are a real problem to get people to come back to work or hiring new employees.

Well, good to hear the OP's Canker Sores have cleared up and he's back on his knees performing felatio on Wino's behind the Dumpster again.

Atta Boy, you fucking Tard!

Oh boy, here we go with the strange gay male on male fantasies of folks on here.

Let me guess, the same mind that came up with that odd fantasy is VERY straight right? Like super straight! Lol

It's a real problem... hiring professional/salaried positions isn't an issue... but hourly positions are a real problem to get people to come back to work or hiring new employees.

Honestly curious, like what type of positions and for what type of hourly pay?

Dunno bought the 1200 in your area here in california they subsidized on top of the fed extra. My buddies sons girlfriend ( heh say that 3 times fast) was a waitress. Her restaurant got shut down take out only. She was getting 4k a month unemployment. Tax free

Lol

If you need a creation mythos to tell you why victimizing others is bad, that’s not good.

I have not seen any evidence god exists, I’m not opposed to it being a possibility however, I also am very confident I could get away with most crimes if I put a little planning into it, do you know why I don’t go rape, kill and steal? Because I’m not a piece of shit, and as a man I know it’s wrong and thus it’s not something I’d even entertain doing.

If you need laws or god to come to the same conclusion, I don’t know what to tell you.
Why is it wrong,

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Dunno bought the 1200 in your area here in california they subsidized on top of the fed extra. My buddies sons girlfriend ( heh say that 3 times fast) was a waitress. Her restaurant got shut down take out only. She was getting 4k a month unemployment. Tax free

It does seem in the deep blue states it might have made sense for wait staff.

Maybe it was closer to 2k I got? I don’t remember the exact amount, I’m in a red state, and it would have no where near supported the quality of life I enjoyed.

Why is it wrong,

Nothing is wrong with religion, but what I think is wrong is when it’s used as a crutch, if that makes sense

Saying a lack of god is the cause for bad behavior seems silly, heck wasn’t most of the mafia Catholic, most of the cartels have lots of “Jesus pieces”, the Muslim terrorists, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: wade2big
So they did a survey of people now working from home, and the question was, what would you choose if offered the choice to continue working from home, or a $30K pay increase. 68% chose to continue working from home.

They are predicting that most of Millennials who are currently working from home, when told they have to return to the work place, will be quiting. That will just extend what we are seeing with unemployment.

It's not tax free though... wages paid thru UI are taxed. You have the option of deferring that by selecting to not have the taxes taken out immediately of any check --but in the end, at tax time that is taxable income and the gov. gets their slice. And if you forget to claim it --they claim it for you.

As far as jobs go here in LA, once Covid cost my main client back in Dec I've done everything to generate new business clients (or even find employment for that matter) and the economy here is still very stalled. Maybe it's just the design industry but the amount of people pounding the job boards far outweigh the jobs. I'm sometimes seeing 400 - 500 applicants if the employer forgets to cease the job post. Time to reinvent! Or GTFO of commie CA

Last edited:
The problem is they sent everybody home to work and it works just fine and now nobody wants to go back to the office. I work for a department of 1200 people. 84% don't want to go back to the office full-time. We are going to see a second wave of people walking away from their jobs. Mostly the younger generation. We avoided layoffs and furloughs simply because enough people just quit, lol. We are so fucked. I'm so glad I'm eligible for retirement.

So they did a survey of people now working from home, and the question was, what would you choose if offered the choice to continue working from home, or a $30K pay increase. 68% chose to continue working from home.

They are predicting that most of Millennials who are currently working from home, when told they have to return to the work place, will be quiting. That will just extend what we are seeing with unemployment.

I call BS

Not on you, but the survey, I have never received any these surveys, like all the other surveys I have read about.

But 30k? That’s a huge increase for service industry people

I call BS

Not on you, but the survey, I have never received any these surveys, like all the other surveys I have read about.

No shit. out of 1200 people in my department 84% stated the didn't want to go back to the office full time. I think 68% is conservative figure.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Prolly won't quit - they will probably just find another gig that allows them to work from home. My Wife has been working from home since March 2020 and gets more done in 5 hours than she did at the office without the commute and expense of fuel and lunch and all that. Her boss said it's time to come back and then when they talked about it they decided it's cheaper for the company and for Mama to just continue working from home.

I think a lot of "micromanager" mentality want employees back at work but there is no reason to do that if the work is getting done without the commute. There was a shortage of qualified workers before the Pandemic and it has only been exacerbated by folks my age (I'm 65) deciding to cash it in and retire during furlough or layoff. If folks want more help they'll have to up the wage scale and compete - it's a workers market now.

VooDoo

The problem is they sent everybody home to work and it works just fine and now nobody wants to go back to the office. I work for a department of 1200 people. 84% don't want to go back to the office full-time. We are going to see a second wave of people walking away from their jobs. Mostly the younger generation. We avoided layoffs and furloughs simply because enough people just quit, lol. We are so fucked. I'm so glad I'm eligible for retirement.
Makes sense to me if businesses are working just fine with people working from home they should correct or hold the pay for those types of jobs since they are so in demand. And give huge raises to the type of jobs you have to do in person. It's like trades. Why can a union plumber or electrician get $50 per hour? because of liminted market of people to do the job. Same thing is happening for regular labor or sales or hospitality jobs. Gonna have to pay more to get people to show up.

I don’t see the pushback, I mean if folks are getting the work done, I’d much rather they work at home, less liability for the biz, less overhead, etc.

Even when called back to work, there will be impacts relative to space and close proximity issues. I can't see offices being what they were pre-CCOIVD form some time. That means that it will be a phased return back since it is doubtful that companies will want to increase their available space.

Many companies are realizing that the traditional model which drove commercial real estate is relatively doomed for failure. Companies see that in many instances, employees can work quite effectively at home. This will definitely impact commercial real estate prices as companies downsize and save costs. Then there is the inevitable fallout to other businesses that support the large commercial real estate that houses all of the day to day workers. Food industry will be very heavily impacted as more people stay at home.

We ain't seen anything yet and sleepy Joe and his "cabinet" are a bit too dim to get us through it

Reactions: nikonNUT
I call BS

I took almost 100k off of my base to work from home and avoid the trains, 3hr commuting days and the like. It's been the best decision I could ever have made as it's gives me time to coach both boys teams, spend time with them and be around.

People that are working from home that have to deal with a long commute and tolls are getting a pay raise for not going to the office. If I worked from home I could take a $400/month pay cut and not have to adjust my budget.
mine was 1500/yr train parking, 400/month train pass, path and additional time. That doesn't include the NYC tax. it's nuts how much commuting increases your costs

Reactions: Mwalex
Now, I work in a field office with individual offices. HQ moved from a high rise to a facility that used to be a call center and they are putting most folks in cubicles in one large expansive room. Nobody has actually been in there yet but when they do they are going to turn around and find some place else to go. Half the positions are professional level positions. It was really a stupid move that was planned before the pandemic but a massive cubicle environment is not exactly the healthiest place. It is the equivalent of a nursing home for working folk, lol. We are so fucked and I'm glad to be 200 miles from the flag pole.

Like I'm working right now.. I have a 2:00 Zoom meeting so I'm going to eat lunch and take a siesta first.

With highspeed internet being so damn common that the hoodlum at the bus stop can stream YouTube on his walmart phone, I’m surprised the cubical lasted this long.

mine was 1500/yr train parking, 400/month train pass, path and additional time. That doesn't include the NYC tax. it's nuts how much commuting increases your costs

So you took a $93,000.00 hit so you wouldn’t have to commute? I take it you’re making “go fuck yourself” level money?

Like my 90 YO Mom says, going to work costs money - it's not pure income. In terms of wear and tear/depreciation on the car, meals, clothes, then train/bus/cab fare, etc. it costs money to go to the office. If it can be done at home, do it from home.

Literally, Mama rolls out of bed, I put a coffee in her paws, she sits down and *WhAmo* she's being productive at work *and* her employer is not supplying her with light, heat/air conditioning, nor maintaining her office space.....with enough people working from home they could slash their overhead to the bone.

VooDoo