• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

People That Listen to Heavy Metal Think More Logically and Are Less Stressed

And the bang their heads against walls more often well........

A lot has to do with the person. It is essentially a fluff piece with a hook headline. This is why it’s not wrong:

Dr. Andreoli says: "I want to explain [why] this makes total sense. Listening to any type of music can be therapeutic and can allow for an emotional release. Heavy metal is no exception.

It’s kinda funny how “science” is used to prove silly things like this and yet is called fake if it proves something real that disagrees with an agenda.
Well, we all know that the article could possibly might be may a little bit slanted because the author likes metal?
It has nothing at all to do with science. Fake science or otherwise.

Well, we all know that the article could possibly might be may a little bit slanted because the author likes metal?
That’s the first thing I thought when I saw the title and it’s true. Starting out with a premise and then drawing that conclusion does not real science make. But it gets her clicks.

I grew up with classical and rock and roll as my go to feel good music. I do like many songs from most other genre too. Music can calm the soul for sure, though some is better for when I’m working in the garage and other is better if I just want to chill.

My son likes metal and experimental music and that is what makes him happiest. I have some good friends that much prefer old country. As the old saw goes, different strokes for different folks.

Old thread but just came across it. I dunno, I'm a weirdo that has a playlist that runs Strauss and Bach all the way to Slipknot, Rage Against the Machine and some old school Country like Johnny Cash and Earl Scruggs.

It's possible that in their day, guys like Beethoven and Bach were the heavy metal types and made their music with what they had... Harpsicords and some violins. Humans really aren't any different at all from different time periods, they just work with what they've got. So maybe Mozart would get into a little Pantera.

Old thread but just came across it. I dunno, I'm a weirdo that has a playlist that runs Strauss and Bach all the way to Slipknot, Rage Against the Machine and some old school Country like Johnny Cash and Earl Scruggs.

It's possible that in their day, guys like Beethoven and Bach were the heavy metal types and made their music with what they had... Harpsicords and some violins. Humans really aren't any different at all from different time periods, they just work with what they've got. So maybe Mozart would get into a little Pantera.
The Heavy Metal/Classical intersect was pretty much defined when I was in high school by Yngwie Malmsteen or "wingnut marmalade" as a friend called him.

Head banger thinks logically.....
"I think I'll turn this shit off"

someone had to

BTW, particle swarm optimization is a joke theorem.
Architects use it to design new style parking lots for efficiency.....have you seen the new wave parking lots ?

BTW, particle swarm optimization is a joke theorem.
Architects use it to design new style parking lots for efficiency.....have you seen the new wave parking lots ?
Well theories are just that... Theories. These physicists come up with all manner of whacky nonsense to describe how our Universe came into being. Just because someone has Doctor in front of their name doesn't mean they're correct. They conflict with each other constantly and the reality is that we will never know for sure what's going on in the realm of subatomic particles. It's beyond our technical abilities and always will be.

IIRC, I first saw "Wingnut" with Rising Force when they opened for Ronnie James Dio in Vancouver, about '85ish. That was one hell of a fantastic concert, and the stage show (in my opinion) was better than Pink Floyd's.

Yeah, I said that!

A little Pantera:
1713459220975.png

The Heavy Metal/Classical intersect was pretty much defined when I was in high school by Yngwie Malmsteen or "wingnut marmalade" as a friend called him.

I just couldn't make that jump into heavy metal when ruining one's vocal cords to engender some demonic force came into vogue. I enjoyed vocalists that were singers, not grunters. RJD, Ian Gillan, even Bruce Dickinson or Sebastian Bach. But the contemporrary stuff lost me with their grunters, male or female.I guess I'll just nestly back into my prog rock era.

Reactions: Grim's Reapers
Wait, wait. It says, a "Psychologist says," so it's, like, totally proven, or something. And more logical, so, like, if you don't believe her, you must be illogical, you know, or something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lash
Works for me. I was listening to Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep when everyone else was listening to Lynard Skynard. My brain is fine but my hearing sucks. But a lot of that was because I was a mortarforker.

Reactions: jrassy and lash
Every time I see one of those I cringe.....not because of the car it's self, they are gorgeous and get right down the road....but

The very first job I had as an actual mechanic was to assemble and weld up a set of "Hall Pantera" headers and exhaust system on what was then a brand new Pantera.
This was about 1972-1973 at Bucks Muffler and Exhaust in Paramount California which was torn down in about 1985 or so.
Damn, seems like yesterday.
Here's a tip, no matter how much they pay, never, ever, install that exhaust on one of those. It's a beautiful system but holy mother of anything it's an absolute nightmare to install.....and that is why I was given it.
You know, new guy, let's break him in right.
So yea, cringe.

Reactions: jrassy