• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Perhaps the greatest song ever written

Got a bit of competition.

I was always partial to Jeff's version of this.

"Love is not a victory march, its a cold and broken Hallelujah." Leonard Cohen

Last edited:
JS Bach got a few in there as well.
For sure. Brandenburg No. 5 is an amazing piece of music.

I just hate the harpsichord with a passion. Every time I see or hear one I want to park it against a berm and mag dump the crap out of it.

It sounds like it belongs in a 1980's video game, not a concert hall.

Just listen to that friggin' thing in the background... it's like someone's playing the original Nintendo with the volume blaring in the middle of a concert.

For sure. Brandenburg No. 5 is an amazing piece of music.
. I was t
I just hate the harpsichord with a passion. Every time I see or hear one I want to park it against a berm and mag dump the crap out of it.

It sounds like it belongs in a 1980's video game, not a concert hall.

Just listen to that friggin' thing in the background... it's like someone's playing the original Nintendo with the volume blaring in the middle of a concert.

Agreed. I was thinking more of:

Reactions: BytorJr
Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture is up there as well. Yes I know it's celebrating something Russian and not the war of 1812 but it's still amazing. Cannon shots need done right though. Lame otherwise.

Wait, since we're talking "Classical" music (say pre-1850) how the hell are you guys missing Vivalid's "The Four Seasons?"

That said, I prefer Brandenburg Concerto #3 to #5 :).

ps...listen to Rick Beato's interview with Sting. Sting, who I'm not a huge fan of, said there ONE guy that did it all - J.S. Bach. That every time you listen it's never dull and you never know what to expect. He apparently listens to (new?) pieces daily.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Pretty sure its Guy on a Buffalo from above. But, if we are doing all genres, all time periods, ever. It’s likely J.S. Bach ftw.

According to The Rolling Stone the greatest song ever is Aretha Franklin's "Respect." But they rank Kane West at 25 and Beounce beat out Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" so take it with a truckload of salt.

• Sad
Reactions: BLEE
Wait, since we're talking "Classical" music (say pre-1850) how the hell are you guys missing Vivalid's "The Four Seasons?"

That said, I prefer Brandenburg Concerto #3 to #5 :).

ps...listen to Rick Beato's interview with Sting. Sting, who I'm not a huge fan of, said there ONE guy that did it all - J.S. Bach. That every time you listen it's never dull and you never know what to expect. He apparently listens to (new?) pieces daily.

That damn harpsichord again!….

On a more serious note, there are some killer American composers as well over the last 100 years. Barbers adagio should be top 10 ever.

Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture is up there as well. Yes I know it's celebrating something Russian and not the war of 1812 but it's still amazing. Cannon shots need done right though. Lame otherwise.
Get the TelArc digital recording but watch the volume, it will blow your speakers in a heartbeat.

Reactions: LeftyJason
It’s good no doubt and fitting for our times and we’ll done- But greatest song ever written I’d Copperhead road as preformed by Steve Earle. Everyone knows that . Carry on
Yeah, nothing gets the sorority girls up to line dance like Copperhead Road. Frees up a spot at the bar, and quiets it down a good bit too. Best song ever.

The greatest song ever written is The Star Spangled Banner. When preformed right (Whitney Houiston) there is none better.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Pretty sure Jack Black has the greatest song in history

Both of my WWII veteran grandpa's favorites (RIP) both were sung by my younger sister at his service, and I had the honor of being a pallbearer while in my full service dress just as he would have wanted.

It’s good no doubt and fitting for our times and we’ll done- But greatest song ever written I’d Copperhead road as preformed by Steve Earle. Everyone knows that . Carry on
JLP is no accident.

Get the TelArc digital recording but watch the volume, it will blow your speakers in a heartbeat.
I've got that CD somewhere...yes, you have to really turn it down because it's truly full frequency. Impressive as hell.

Nobody 's mention Beethoven's piano concertos :(. Excellent as well.

I'm sticking with "classical" because we all know who I vote for in "modern" music.

You can whine all day about SRV, EVH, Satriani, Santana, Clapton (et al) but not one of them could make a guitar cry and sing like this man.
The lost guitarist from Thin Lizzy that was so much better solo. Probably the best live recording of a guitar ever.

No, I'm not stuck on Rock.....anything to not hear classical drivel that's been around hundreds of years and bastardized by anyone with keyboard.

You choose.