• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing permanently attach flash hider/ Yankee Hills

crazy bay

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2005
Utah
Ok, So I have a 14.5" barrel and a Yankee Hills Can for my M4. I need to permanently attach the flash hider though, to make the barrel legal. I have been told that a small spot weld will do, but have been cautioned because it could screw up the function of the can/flash hider system, and that people mess it up easily.

So, does anyone have an recommendations on where I could get this dealt with?

Re: permanently attach flash hider/ Yankee Hills

Take it to any gun smith. The flash hider has to be pinned then welded on both sides. Thats what I was told.

It's pretty easy to do if you have a welder, what I did was install the FH, got it indexed, driiled a hole from the bottom thru the FH and just a little past the threads, that's the hard part, then I cut off the the end of the the drill bit shank inserted into the hole and welded the pin in place, grind it smoothe and refinish, this is exactly how Bushmaster perm attaches AK brakes to there 14.5 barrels.

Last time I did an AMD65,about four years ago,I was told either Silver Solder,Welded,or a one way pin that can not be drifted out.Don't know if this is gospel or not.I did a pin and solder.

Thanks for advice. I sent it to ADCO, and got it back shortly. Awesome work, and very fast.

Adco does good work but for the record Silver soldering it on with the appropriate temp solder is gtg so it doesnt have to necessarily be pinned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's pretty easy to do if you have a welder, what I did was install the FH, got it indexed, driiled a hole from the bottom thru the FH and just a little past the threads, that's the hard part, then I cut off the the end of the the drill bit shank inserted into the hole and welded the pin in place, grind it smoothe and refinish, this is exactly how Bushmaster perm attaches AK brakes to there 14.5 barrels. </div></div>

Exactly what I did, not that big of a deal.