• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Personal voice recorder

chadrp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Central Iowa
Anybody have any recommendation on a personal voice recorder? Looking for something that be worn on my person daily as I'm out and about at my job for my own personal defense.

I see alot of "spy" recorders on the internet but don't want to waste time and money with junk. Thanks

Foreman of a union shop that has a couple employees that don't like change so they make up lies or twist things into lies to get out of what they are supposed to be doing.

Yes I understand that a recorded conversation cannot be used against them, not what I want, but I can use it to prove I didn't say what they are accusing me of if necessary. I don't want that to be necessary either but I'm not the first one to have issues with them either.

Do you carry a smartphone with you?

There are several good smartphone apps that do voice recording and some will even automatically upload the files to online storage.

Most states let you record conversations that you are a party to without many restrictions, so of course just check your state laws.

If you happen to normally carry a cellphone on your belt holster... you can have it be video recording using the back camera at the same time.

Foreman of a union shop that has a couple employees that don't like change so they make up lies or twist things into lies to get out of what they are supposed to be doing.

Yes I understand that a recorded conversation cannot be used against them, not what I want, but I can use it to prove I didn't say what they are accusing me of if necessary. I don't want that to be necessary either but I'm not the first one to have issues with them either.

Fuck unions

Do not use your phone. They drop recordings like a hot potato.

Dedicated recorder is the way to go.

Sony ICD-PX470 Stereo Digital Voice Recorder with Built-in USB Voice Recorder, Black​

The one above has been reliable, we have 4 through extended family. Not junk. There might be a newer version. I prefer batteries to USB charging personally. The audio is great through purse, clothing, pocket, etc. We do not drop electronics so can't speak to durability in that Dept but otherwise they have been flawless for a long while

Around $50

I've been considering a dash cam from watching the Youtube channel "Dashcam Lessons".

Reactions: BLEE
Do not use your phone. They drop recordings like a hot potato.

Dedicated recorder is the way to go.

Sony ICD-PX470 Stereo Digital Voice Recorder with Built-in USB Voice Recorder, Black​

The one above has been reliable, we have 4 through extended family. Not junk. There might be a newer version. I prefer batteries to USB charging personally. The audio is great through purse, clothing, pocket, etc. We do not drop electronics so can't speak to durability in that Dept but otherwise they have been flawless for a long while

Around $50

I've been considering a dash cam from watching the Youtube channel "Dashcam Lessons".
Ok thanks you. Yeah I've been using a smart phone app also to see how it would work. It has dropped several times and audio can be crappy at times, I imagine depending on mic orientation.

For what you are describing as your needs:

get dedicated recorder, drop into your front pocket, record from when you leave house to when you return, upload to computer when you empty your pockets coming through the door, repeat daily

For what you are describing as your needs:

get dedicated recorder, drop into your front pocket, record from when you leave house to when you return, upload to computer when you empty your pockets coming through the door, repeat daily
Yep that is what I'm thinking also, thanks.