• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Perst 3

BANMAN19

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2020
Hawaii
Well gents,
I have a chance to purchase a used Perst 3 Red for a great deal. The perst 3 he is selling is gen 1 from the flat head screws on the battery lid instead of the thumb screws on the newer ones. I was looking for a green + but for the deal he is asking, it is hard to pass up. Can you even see a red and green laser in sunny daytime? Does it even matter when it comes to it being night since both lasers are powerful? Is there pros and cons from 1st gen to 2nd other than the thumb screws? The laser is nearly the same price as a new perst 4 green and only selling because he doesn’t have an nvg.

If you plan on using it for its IR capability then the vis laser doesn’t matter. You are going to merely use the vis for zeroing.

True, I’m going to buy it. Spent very little time with PVS14 and PEQ 15 since I’m with data in the corps but I have only used it in the dark and zeroed it in the daytime with vis.

I wouldn’t pay more than you can order a new one for. Make sure you get all the goodies that it can with for that price. Definitely grab it though. If you order one you will have a bit of a wait.
Make sure you know how to safely run a ir laser. These things look like they are from Star Wars when you fire them up.

Big price difference between a 3 and 4, along with the 4 lacking an illuminator. You sure on it being a 3? My first gen 3 set me back about 1100$ about 4 months ago and was a fair price.