• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PERUN X-16 . This design is interesting...

What does it do that a CZ Bren or IWI Carmel doesn't?
Apparently it uses more AR15 parts than its looks suggest. The coolest thing to me is the AR15 gas system is still in play , but in this design they are delivering the gas to a reciever mounted on the bolt carrier . The force of the gas pushes the entire carrier and buffer assembly just 12mm to cycle the AR15 bolt through its extraction/pick up cycle. The exhaust gasses are fired forward away from the shooter and completely out of the receiver.

Still folds / goes bang like the others but less proprietary parts than others its looking like. Perhaps guys who know for sure about the Bren / IWI can chime in :) ....

Last edited:
Anyone have a clifā€™s notes version? I canā€™t bring myself to click on anything featuring ā€œWishā€ Hasselhof.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsp556
A lot of ingenuity in this offering, especially the parts about not reinventing new wheels. I know I'm going to be watching that clip over and over for ideas; every new idea has its next iteration already built in, waiting from the get-go. Whatever can be built can be improved upon, every new step has its next steps built in.

Time to get that 'other angle' creativity into gear; why wait..., why wait at all?

I love this thing.

Greg

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Anyone have a clifā€™s notes version? I canā€™t bring myself to click on anything featuring ā€œWishā€ Hasselhof.
1. Hybrid gas system with AR-15 gas tube, but a separate piston and gas relief cylinder above the BCG to keep fouling away from the bolt and chamber, vents forward. Benefit is no reciprocating op-rod up front.

2. Uses AR-15 barrels

3. Lower receiver is AR-15 without the RET tower and threads for the tube, folds down like an Hk G3/33/MP5 for field-stripping. All parts on the lower are AR-15 compatible from TD pin-forward.

4. Dual height top rail allows for optimum placement of optics without risers, while the forward low height rail is ideal for WPL placement.

5. Uses an ACR/Masada folding stock.

6. Non-reciprocating charge handle.

Neat enough. Itā€™ll be interesting to see if this proves its self to be a reliable system.