• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Peterson brass

armydog

Staff Sargeant Ret.
Minuteman
  • Nov 26, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I picked up some Peterson 6.5 Creedmore SR brass to try out. Loaded it up with 41.5 H4350 and FGM primers. Same with Lapua brass, both of them shot fine but Peterson had trouble extracting. Bolt handle was hard to raise, Lapua was just fine no issues. Rifle was Tikka t3x Tac A1 factory with 300 rounds out of the barrel.
    Any one else have this issue?

As stated above, you may need to lower your powder charge. Another thing that can cause that is having lube left on the cases. I left too much on my first batch of Peterson, and about 1/5 of them had a hard bolt lift. No problems after I started making sure they weren't slick by the end of my handloading.

Reactions: armydog
    Peterson brass is great. I just picked up 500 additional CM. It’s thick brass and they include a little card that states you may need to decrease your load ?