• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Peyton picks Denver, Tebow takes a walk.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Personally, I think Peyton's nuts. With the neck injuries one bad hit could paralyze him. He doesnt need the money, and its just not worth the ego trip.

There was no way John Elway was going to commit to Tim Tebow. That should have been clear all those afternoons during the Denver Broncos’ run to the AFC West title when the fans roared, Tebow put his fist on his forehead and the team president scowled.

The signs were there, screaming loudly, when coach John Fox was given chance after chance to declare Tebow the team’s quarterback next season, yet refused each time. Even Elway’s tepid enthusiasm at season’s end – seen as an endorsement – was actually anything but.

More From Les CarpenterRedskins' Mike Shanahan puts legacy on line with blockbuster deal to draft QB Robert Griffin III Mar 10, 2012 AdChoices

“Well I think Tim has earned the right to be the starting quarterback going into training camp,” he declared, careful to say nothing about what would happen after that.

Peyton Manning is trading in the horseshoe for the Broncos.

(AP Photo)
    Now, because Peyton Manning is reportedly going to sign with Denver, Tebow likely won’t even make camp. He’s damaged goods, marked for sale and thrown into a bargain bin, available to whatever NFL team wants to send a low-round draft pick and a tackling dummy for the right to take Tebow away.

Such is the price of sensations these days.

The market for Tebow will not be robust. Perhaps it would be easier for him to find a job if he was an ordinary Heisman-winning quarterback with a wonderful college pedigree but suspect accuracy and a game coaches still do not believe is made for the NFL. But Tebow comes with a devoted fan base of Christians and lovers of the underdog alike. They will not sit quiet as their hero languishes on the bench.

[Related: Report: Peyton Manning decides on the Denver Broncos | Photos

Any quarterback competition Tebow is thrown into will be a fiasco. It is not the situation for a new coach, or a coach who sits uneasy in his job. Tebow’s arrival in almost any NFL city will be as much of an internal disaster as a public relations boon.

This is why it’s hard to imagine Tebow in his hometown of Jacksonville, where new coach Mike Mularkey is supposed to be trying to establish Blaine Gabbert, the team’s top draft pick from last year, as the franchise quarterback. The last thing he or Gabbert need is a camp battle with Tebow where Tebow fans push for their man every time Gabbert makes a mistake.

It’s also difficult to imagine new Dolphins coach Joe Philbin rushing to throw Tebow into the lineup while trying to build a program in Miami.

Most likely, Tebow winds up as a reserve in a place like New England or New Orleans, where a clever coach can find ways to use him, giving Tebow fans something to savor while not damaging locker room chemistry.

But what kind of player will they be getting?

What NFL people should realize is that regardless of the doubts they had about Tebow going into the draft two years ago, he is a far more polished player now. He has always had an ability to dazzle with his knowledge. Denver coaches and executives in the Broncos room at the draft combine in 2010 were stunned by his ability to not only break down his offense at the University of Florida but theirs too … and San Diego’s and New England’s. They said they had never seen a college quarterback do such a thing.

No player spent as much time studying either. When he finally left the Broncos practice facility to go home at night, Tebow carried with him stacks of DVDs of different offenses that he would watch over and over, often calling his coaches several times at night to ask about things he noticed on the screen. He worked for hours before and during practice on his footwork, based on the Elway belief that if he had the proper balance he would make more accurate throws.

Through it all, Tim Tebow didn't do quite enough last season.

(Getty Images)
    “He made great strides both mentally and physically,” Broncos quarterback coach Adam Gase said two days after the season. “You could actually see it from game to game. You would say, ‘Oh, there’s a little improvement.’ ”

Those who have worked with Tebow say he is really obsessed with one thing: getting better. Now he has a playoff run and a playoff win with a bullet pass for a touchdown on the first play of overtime. He also has two years of tutoring under the Bronco coaching staff, which worked tirelessly on his footwork.

Eventually somebody will take Tebow. It probably won’t be for much and there won’t be much of a chance for him to start. But regardless of how little Elway values him, Tebow is a much better player today than he was in the summer of 2010 and he has the experience of taking a team deep into January. That is worth something.

Re: Peyton picks Denver, Tebow takes a walk.

Well Tebow finally lost his virginity. Peyton screwed him...

He had already lost it when Elway got there

It would do Tebow some good if he would stay and take some lessons from Peyton.

Peyton is crazy to play with 4 neck surgeries and a plate in his neck. Guess he cant let his brother have 2 rings.... I like Tebow and he did sell a lot of tickets.. hope he finds a good home.

The best part about tebow was watching the analysts squirming in their chairs trying to explain what he did each week. Peyton picked this division because it is weak and it gives him the best chance to make the playoffs. If (when) the Broncos trade tebow and manning gets hurt there will be some angry fans and rightly so.

I never thought Peyton would pick Denver with the cold weather and outdoor stadium. We'll see how he holds up after a year off and playing more games in one season in cold weather than he's probably played his whole career.

Tim Tebow will just put all this in his gas tank. I respect a young man who does what he says... especially with all the T.O.'s, Ochocinco's, and Moss's out there. Tebow said he'd help his team win and that's what he did.

Best of luck to both Manning and Tim.

**Dislike**

An Autumn Wind is a Pirate!

Go RAIDERS!!!!!

Can't wait. My favorite player is now with my team!

Best thing for Tebow is to leave Denver!! Elway will never accept him. I am a huge Tebow fan, its a no brainer Manning starting in Denver over Tebow. I Dont see see manning making 2-5 seasons, maybe he does, but even after that Denver would still be shopping for a QB instead of Tebow, hard to have confidence,when you have to worry about " The comming of the wolf" every day

Peyton Manning, Broncos make it official: Five years, $96 million
    By Doug Farrar

After working late into Monday night, Denver Broncos officials got all the details worked out in the contract for Peyton Manning's services. And as ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported, the deal is very significant -- Tuesday, Manning will sign a five-year, $96 million agreement which guarantees that one of the NFL's greatest quarterbacks will finish his career in Denver.

According to Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post, Manning will make $18 million in 2012 with no injury protection. If he passes a March 2013 physical, guarantees of $20 million will activate for 2013 and 2014, with an undisclosed injury waiver.

[Related: Making money off Peyton Manning won't be easy for Denver franchise]

Manning will be officially announced as the team's new franchise quarterback at a 3 p.m. ET press conference. The man making the announcement, VP of Operations John Elway, was, of course, Denver's last true franchise quarterback.

As many reports have indicated, the Manning signing will have the Broncos looking to trade Tim Tebow as soon as possible.

On Monday morning, Manning called the three teams in pursuit to let them know their standings - the San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans out, and the Broncos in. After that, it was up to the two sides to hammer out the particulars.

"I congratulate Peyton as he heads to a tremendous organization in the Denver Broncos," Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said in a team statement Tuesday morning. "We wish him nothing but the best as he continues his Hall of Fame career." The Colts released Manning on March 7; their preferable option to paying him a $28 million roster bonus due the next day.

[ Dan Wetzel: Peyton Manning must reward Broncos' faith by winning big]

The new collective bargaining agreement will have Manning waiting to talk serious football with some of his new friends.

He can't have official classroom, schematic, or football discussions with the coaching staff until April 16, and he can't have official throwing sessions with the Broncos until that date. He also can't use the team's practice field with the coaching staff present until May 2. However, he can throw to his new receivers away from the team's facilities as soon as he pleases. Former Colts teammate and current Denver resident Brandon Stokley may be charged with finding the best field for such a purpose ... if he can avoid more lacrosse-playing kids.

[Jeff Passan: Old friends Peyton Manning, Todd Helton to reunite in Denver]

Manning had been throwing to former teammates at Duke University under the supervision of coach David Cutcliffe, who was Manning's offensive coordinator at Tennessee. He threw for the Broncos and 49ers there, and for the Titans at a nearby high school field.

Seems to me they should let Peyton mentor Tebow. That way when Peyton leaves they will have a QB waiting in the wings to take the reins. We all know Peyton lasting the whole 5 years is a pipe dream.

I wish tim the best, and i hope this blows up in elways face! Yeah its a business descision, but that doesnt mean I have to like the guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redroan4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Peyton picked this division because it is weak and it gives him the best chance to make the playoffs. If (when) the Broncos trade tebow and manning gets hurt there will be some angry fans and rightly so. </div></div>

Exactly in both statements! I am just curious about when Peyton gets tackled hard...Broncos are going to be @$#)ed. I wish Tebow the best. I respect his integrity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me they should let Peyton mentor Tebow.</div></div>

Brady would not be to shabby to mentor Tebow either.

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me they should let Peyton mentor Tebow.</div></div>

Brady would not be to shabby to mentor Tebow either.

smile.gif

</div></div>
    If he goes to NE he should get mentored by Gronkowski, seeing as how Tebow should never get a sniff of QB again. Dude may be an awesome cat, but he's a terrible QB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redroan4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Peyton picked this division because it is weak and it gives him the best chance to make the playoffs. </div></div>
    Or, he picked the team that made it into/advanced in the playoffs with a running back playing QB. He probably realizes that Denver should excel with a good QB - something they have lacked since Cutler was runoff by a moron coach.

I think it will be Jacksonville.
    Plus TT likes Florida and he is popular there.

Oh joy...now the Tebow hype machine can be super charged by the NYC media. I was really hoping I was going to be able to turn on ESPN and not hear about this guy next year, I guess that was wishful thinking

He belongs in Jacksonville, he will at least sell seats down there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deal is falling through...
    </div></div>

If I were the Jets I would let it go. Denver wants to much for him and the Jets already have a QB. 5 million plus Draft picks = no deal.

Tebow just needs to realize that he is not a QB... the league has been a throwing league since the beginning of time but the last few years that statement has truly been proven right.
    And what is Tebow's problem? He can't throw. He has been working on it for years and you think a couple of years with Manning or Brady will change that? Even Elway, a hall of famer, saw the little potential to make a 'true' QB and said, "Fcuk this, I'll take my chances with a hurt QB..."
    Wherever he goes, if the team truly wants to win, they will not change their whole offense to accomodate Tebow, they will use him as a fullback that can a make a good throw every other 15 times. He should just not ever start another game in the NFL.

Tebow was going to throw a tantrum about the trade, but he was afraid it would be intercepted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T
    And what is Tebow's problem? He can't throw. He has been working on it for years and you think a couple of years with Manning or Brady will change that? Even </div></div>

The other problem with Tebow is that he finds a way to win games. I don't care if he throws it with his feet, the boy will make your team better.