• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PGW barrels overrun of barrels for sale

Frank Green

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2006
wisconsin
www.bartleinbarrels.com
I've got a total of four PGW Coyote action barrels for sale. Gonna blow them out at a low price.

Two barrels are 5R rifling and 11.25 twist 308cal chambered with the PGW reamers and threaded for PGW actions and are 25" blanks in the PGW contour. They are not cut and crowned yet. The major diameter of the threads for the actions is 1.155". The breech diameter is 1.300" on the barrels.

The other two barrels are 338 Lapua and chambered in 338 Lapua CIP spec. chamber. The blanks are 27" long and again not cut and crowned. 5R rifling and 1-10 twist. Same contour and same breech threads as the 308 barrel just 2" longer.

All SS material.

PGW is out of business and these where left overs from a previous run. There is nothing wrong with the barrels.

I'll do a flat $250 each on them including shipping to any of the 48 states. First come first served.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

1711723956637.jpeg

1711723990781.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas and FatBoy
Frank could a smith use the 308’s on my Surgeon 591
You could but you would have to turn the threads down to 1.060" from the 1.155" diameter and rethread it. There is plenty there to clean up and keep the breech length in my opinion. You will also have to go from the coned shaped breech on the PGW's to the Remmy/Surgeon breech/counterbore style and check/reset headspace.

The breech length is approx. 2" including the threads. So there is plenty of meat there and it might be just easier to cut the threads off and rethread and chamber/set headspace.

Later, Frank