• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PGW Coyote Option...

markspring1978

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2009
Central Montana
So, I have a Coyote on the way from PGW. I am going to be putting a S&B 5-25 x 56 PMII on top of it and I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on which rings I should use. Unlike the boys at GAP, PGW rifles don't come with rings, but the guns come a lot quicker, no one year wait.

Re: PGW Coyote Option...

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am leaning toward Badgers. Just wondering if there is any compelling reason to look elsewhere.

Does it look like this?
smile.gif

PGWUrban.jpg

I'm running badgers on my yote with the same scope. couldn't tell you what the height is though. the guy i bought them from pulled them off his demo scope because the set of TPS high's i originaly bought were way to high.
dunes09001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mildot326</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it look like this?
smile.gif

PGWUrban.jpg
</div></div>

It was worth it to post this question just to see that picture. Mine will look just like that except, mine won't have the NV mount.

For those of you who have PGW rifles, have you had any issues with the suppressor thread. I see that Tuscondave has a suppressor on his rifle. When I talked to Ross he was unsure if AAC, Surefire or other suppressors would be compatible with his thread. I thought that it was kind of strange that he wouldn't know this off the top of his head (he did offer to get the answer at the SHOT show, but I still haven't heard back).

Also, a question for anyone else who has recently purchased a PGW rifle, how long did the customs approval take? I have a small advantage living in Montana for getting these, they are imported to a store just a couple hours from where I live.

Mark,
TusconDave and I ordered on the same day so should be here inn a week or two . cannot help with your questions but do you know what Magazines the rifle will take ? AI, Badger etc?
Thanks Bill

It's my understanding that this rifle will accept PGW magazines only. Could be wrong, just my assumption. May merit a email to Ross, think I'll do that right now...

Thread on the barrel is 3/4-20 I had AWC make my .338 can in that pitch so I could use it on my T wolf and also the coyote. I had my .308 AIAW cut the same way. The PGW mag is proprietary, I tried my .338 AI mag and its a no go either way. Won't fit the PGWW and the PGW wont fit the AI

I would go with Richard Nears rings all day over the badgers. There it nothing functionally wrong with the badgers but the nears are so much better finnished. The badgers WILL scratch your scope if you are not careful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markspring1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I talked to Ross he was unsure if AAC, Surefire or other suppressors would be compatible with his thread. I thought that it was kind of strange that he wouldn't know this off the top of his head ( </div></div>

Well up here in Canada where there made we're not aloud cool toys like suppressors and PGW makes there own suppressors in house.

the Coyote runs AICS mags i think. i haven't tried. the timberwolf runs its own mag.

if you want to disassemble your bolt. just cock it move your safety all the way back then into the middle position then take the bolt out of the rifle then just turn the rear portion with the safety leaver CCW and it will spin out.