• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PGW Coyote Trigger question.

vicv

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
I am wondering which aftermarket trigger will work with PGW Coyote?
By default it has the X-Mark Pro trigger, and pull weight is about 4lb (both my TRGs have ~1lb).
I have tried to adjust it (witch is not recommended) and I've got an inconsistent pull weight: from 1lb to 5lb, and it's always different on each shot.
I have also tried the Rifle Basix ERV-3. It works fine (I've got 1lb from the box), but second safety position does not work (I have unexpected firing if I turn OFF the safety).
I also tried the Timney #510 (with removed safety lever and bolt stop), but original safety does not work at all, I can not turn it ON, the safety lever does not move.

I thing somebody already had this problem before and solve it.

Could you please recommend the proper solution.

Thanks a lot.
vicv

I would contact the guys at GA Precision and see if they could tune your trigger for you. They bring them down to about 2.5 lb. Anything less and I think its bad news for a tactical style rifle.

No I don't. Email Ross at PGW he could tell you. The contact info is on their website. PGWDTI.com

I wonder why you have a X-Mark Pro trigger? It isn't a 700 action. They make their own action.

I wonder why you have a X-Mark Pro trigger? It isn't a 700 action. They make their own action.

Yep, but it has X-Mark Pro. I've already talked to Ross. He does not recommend to do anything with the trigger. :(

I will rephrase the question what trigger do you have on your PGW Coyote rifle?

Thanks

He doesn't recommend you change the trigger..... but almost everyone does. Any competent smith can put in any trigger you want and make it work. They use basic Remington 700 triggers. Find a compatible one.
I changed mine out when I put it in a new stock and barrel.

He doesn't recommend you change the trigger..... but almost everyone does. Any competent smith can put in any trigger you want and make it work. They use basic Remington 700 triggers. Find a compatible one.
I changed mine out when I put it in a new stock and barrel.

I've already tried two of them: Timney 510 and RB ERV3. Do not want to by another incompatible one :)
This is why I am asking, which one is compatible and already tested.

Thanks guys for your help.