• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PGW Direwolf - new game changer rifle?

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
This was brought up on a Canadian forum board. Apparently PGW (same brand that makes the coyote and timberwolf rifles) has made a new properietary .338LM semi-auto rifle, which they claim is going to be a "game changer".

4Y9h5LK.jpg

From PGWDTI: "Introducing the patent pending PGWDTI DIREWOLF 338 Lapua semi-automatic rifle system. A game changing new design and not simply a scaled up AR with long range performance that rivals bolt actions along with the sustained fire ability of a 10 round magazine.

Available shortly for Military and Law Enforcement and export to civilian users in jurisdictions where it is legal to own.

We are awaiting further classification work by the RCMP in the 5 round configuration to determine status of future purchases by Canadian civilian shooters."

Please email [email protected] for further information

Looks like it is a cool new weapon system. Might be interesting and fun to own if you want a precision semi-auto in .338LM. They are definitely drooling about it on the Canadian forum I saw this one on.

Calling it a "game changer" is a pretty bold statement with big implications if true. I still haven't figured out what about it makes it a game changer, have asked a few times on the forum but the only response I get is "because it shoots faster".

I thought it could be an interesting discussion on here, more then a few members here with actual sniper experience and those tied to .gov - would a semi-auto .338LM that's close to or as accurate as a bolt gun be a "game changer"? Or marketing terminology to hype it up?

Besides some niche roles, I don't see it replacing bolt guns.