• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Phantom Form 4 GLITCH from Nov and Feb

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    You may be approved and you don't even know it..

I am dealing with a customer who submitted on June 1 and approved on November 15...BUT neither he nor I got an email noting Submission Status change. And we are having a hell of a time getting NFA to surrender his Approved Form 4.

Found the Approval through SilencerShop.com records.

Logging in as his transfer agent and trying to view / download a .pdf is not working either. I tried Safari and Chrome browsers. That "view document"
    button button takes me to his submission forms as if we are starting over.

It was in my "Approvals > Form 4 List! I just can't give it to you until we have a Form 4.

So today, I made the (306) 616-4500 call, as a last result, because it is mind-numbing to be on hold for an hour - and I was... AND THEN SHE PICKED UP!

Confirmed the approval date and asked to receive a Form 4 since none was issued. Was given the following instructions:

Type up a letter with Subject line of "Request Certified Copy of Form 4".
    Describe the firearm
    Approval Date
    Transferee
    Transferor
    Address where the Copy is to be mailed

Print it
    Sign it
    Scan it
    Email it as an attachment to; [email protected] with same subject line "Request Certified Copy of Form 4"
    Wait for it to arrive in the mail and present it to your transfer agent and notice the surprised look on that face. ;-]]

NFA Agent stated they are tracking calls like this one and as of now they are coming from Nov '23 and Feb '24 Approvals. Someone is asleep at the switch.

Enjoy --

Appreciate the advice! I’m waiting on 2 e-form 4’s for silencers submitted in October 22.

Reached a lady on the phone after one hour on hold and she said it’s in process status. Nothing else she could do to help….

I wrote my congressman’s office last Sunday and asked for help.

There were a shitload of approvals of both Form 1's and Form 4's with no emails sent over that time period. I was following a megathread regarding approvals and I saw that dozens and dozens of times about three or four months ago. No biggie for the Form 1's if you submitted them on your own eforms account; just check for approvals. But with Form 4's or Form 's through a third party it's a nightmare.

I received two email notifications from ATF that the eForms system was back online. Once on Mar 4th, once on Mar 1st. I had no idea why I was receiving them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_095344_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20240305_095344_Gmail.jpg
      148.1 KB · Views: 14