• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phase5 Tactical EBRv308 Bolt Release+Mega Maten?

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
m planing to install a Phase 5 Tactical EBRv308 Bolt Release on a Monolithic Mega Maten 308 Upper/Lower kit. Anybody has one of this? I read somewhere it will required some gunsmith work, what is it exactly ?

Re: Phase5 Tactical EBRv308 Bolt Release+Mega Maten?

You should just need to remove your mag bolt release and just install the new one.

Have one on my JP LRP-07. Love it!

I didn't install it, came from JP that way but from the looks of it, it shouldn't be a hard install for most knowledgeable gun owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have one on my JP LRP-07. Love it!

I didn't install it, came from JP that way but from the looks of it, it shouldn't be a hard install for most knowledgeable gun owners. </div></div>

I was looking at Scott's and I noticed it didn't have screws like Magpul's BAD lever, so I ordered up one for my GAP-10...

If you can turn a hex wrench then you can install it yourself

6148407465_6506557193_z.jpg

These are awesome. I run them on all my AR Variant Rifles. THe EBRV2 is a one piece module therefore it much more reliable.

Hopefully you'll have better luck on your lower than I did mine. See my review here on my GAP-10.

Like Broker, I had trouble at first with the Phase 5 not keeping the bolt locked back. I don't know if the hole for the rebound spring is a little shallow on the MA Ten, but all I needed to do was snip one coil on the spring to allow the EBR to pivot high enough to reliably lock back the bolt. I've since put well over 2000 rounds into my MA Ten without any issues.

I have one on my DPMS SPR gun, the upper is the slick side heavy upper found on the sweet16 guns. The Magpul BAD lever will not fit on my upper and most others that are oversized but the Phase5 worked awesome. From what I know the bolt catch that is used is from the DPMS specs. Phase5 then cuts out the lever part on a laser or flow jet and TIG welds it to the DPMS bolt catch. Very simple design and no screws to come loose.