• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing PHILADELPHIA ORDINANCE... A going concern... or going out of business??

Bolt_Trash

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2013
Their web link: Philadelphia Ordnance

At a minimum, their telephone number is still in working order and their answering service capacity hasn't reached maximum.

They DO NOT respond to internal messages/"Contact Us" questions, sent on their web site and they DO NOT respond to messages left on their business phone number.

Curious behavior for a company soliciting business and inviting people to send their money and/or firearms, to them, for gunsmithing services and refinishing, or other purchases.

Before condemning them to the deep and interpenetrate void of the Internet planetary system and declaring them officially D-E-A-D, DEAD, I thought I'd find out if anybody had something to offer.

The last time I saw behavior like this, I had to personally skip-trace a guy in the mid-west, through a few states and press a few local police agencies to visit blood and marriage relatives, to get his attention and the return of my personal property. In the instant case, I'm not in that situation, but absolutely hate having someone utterly waste my time, with naked impunity, especially in the firearms, collecting and shooting community.

Reserving further comment and details, I look forward to reading your replies, on this company ('company' being used in the broadest terms and loosest possible of definitions.)

Thanks...

If I see a snake and don't know what kind it is..............................I leave it alone, of course that's me YMMV!

I have no idea if they're falling apart or not but I do know they make very good stuff. I've bought quite a few of the Thompson dummy receivers both M1 and 1928 types and turned them into dealer sample machineguns. I've had a number of the MP40 dummy receivers through here too. The BAR receiver is top notch as well. All their stuff is excellent but demand is fickle and Mr Bower doesn't ( or didn't anyway) have a big crew. Last time I talked to him he was setting up new CNC machinery. If he's not answering phones or emails there is a good chance he's hopping around the production floor trying to get orders finished. Its pretty tough being a short manned shop with work to be done.

Frank