• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Philadelphia Suburbs - Malvern PA

bergman0311

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2014
Malvern, PA
Good evening everyone,

Active duty Marine that just got stationed outside of Philadelphia, PA. I am located in Malvern, PA. I am curious if there is anyone in the local area that would be willing to take me under their wing and mentor me on how to properly reload large caliber rifle rounds. I don't own any of the equipment necessary however before I left the West Coast, I purchased all of the material necessary to reload plenty of 7mm Rem Mag.

I understand the current circumstances will prevent this mentorship from happening right away, however I figured we could start a dialogue now so we can get to know each other for when COVID-19 finally passes.

Semper Fi
Matthew

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I haven't reloaded any large caliber rounds, but I've loaded plenty of 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor and I would like to think I know what I'm doing in that department.

I don't live in that area, but we have a facility there and I was there this morning.

I have been to the plant weekly for the last eight or so weeks and will be back for a couple more it sounds like. Not sure how long these frequent visits will continue, though.

If you'd like, I would be willing to help in my free time if I'm around. This would be after work of course.

Keep me updated on when you buy your equipment and if I'm in the area, I would love to help.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Howdy, Im in NJ (~15mins from the Ben Franklin Bridge). I load for 300 Winchester Magnum. I'll be 100% honest, I am by no means an expert but I am always learning and will be willing to help.

I'm on the other side of Philly in Lower Bucks County. Once everthing opens back up you might want go join a local range . There are usually a few guys that are OCD about reloading and would be giddy to take you under their wing . My experience that serious reloading aficionados are like ham radio guys . Very eager to share and teach .

Edit : Once it opens up drop me a pm . I shoot at Holmesburg in NE philly and go to
the Game Commission range in Jim Thorpe . 300yds at Jim Thorpe .