• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phoenix Machine RR receivers

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

Anyone have a rifle built on one of these RR receivers? What did you think of them and how long did you have to wait to get them?

Didn't they used to supply GAP's templar actions? Thanks.

Re: Phoenix Machine RR receivers

I've heard that. Also heard he is having some sort of problems and a offer has
been made for him to close shop and run a new shop for someone over in Wa.
Just second hand info though. I keep meaning to go by his place when I get over that way shopping and never seem to make the time.

well I hope this is just a rumor, because I was hoping to get one of his RR receivers. Phoenix is the only custom shop I know offering just the receiver without bolt... Looking to match that up with a PT&G bolt.

What's the problem with these actions??

I have a rifle being built by GAP with their Templar action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well I hope this is just a rumor, because I was hoping to get one of his RR receivers. Phoenix is the only custom shop I know offering just the receiver without bolt... Looking to match that up with a PT&G bolt. </div></div>

Spend the coin and get a Surgeon RSR with their 20 moa rail. $880.00 and your golden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well I hope this is just a rumor, because I was hoping to get one of his RR receivers. Phoenix is the only custom shop I know offering just the receiver without bolt... Looking to match that up with a PT&G bolt. </div></div>

Spend the coin and get a Surgeon RSR with their 20 moa rail. $880.00 and your golden. </div></div>

+1, Im waiting on mine as we speak.

There is nothing wrong with the PM actions at all. I have used over a dozen and there are allot of other people that use them with good success.

I know Nathan at strait shot gunsmithing has used a ton. He can help you with getting your handle on the Kiff bolt and timing it correctly to the action. Call him and ask him what he thinks of them.

It did take us a while to figure out all the different bases for the actions. I think im up to 36 different bases so make sure and know what you buy. there are a ton of options.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am going to hijack my own thread...

Glen, I've sent you email asking about details on your DBM system. Thanks.

Peter