• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phoenix Precision Rifle match 3 May

Scottmilk9

Custom AR builder
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2004
Arizona
www.sdrifles.com
Precision rifle match at phoenix rod and gun club at 7am , so be early. 50 rounds is what you will need. Knee and elbow pads recommended, also a veil or a shamag to block the sun is a good idea. We will be shooting the mover again. If you would like more info, email me at [email protected]

Re: Phoenix Precision Rifle match 3 May

What kind of comp is it? I know it says precision rifle but...
Where can I find all the info on it?

I went on their site but couldn't learn much from it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of comp is it? I know it says precision rifle but...

I went on their site but couldn't learn much from it </div></div>

Best to email Scott, The coarse changes every month so most of us dont reallt know what we are getting in to until the day of, Im sure he could probably give you a run down.

These matches are alot of fun to attend, and the people are fun as well. Great bunch of guys to shoot with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of comp is it? I know it says precision rifle but...

I went on their site but couldn't learn much from it </div></div>

Keith, its the match I was telling you about while you worked on my knob
laugh.gif

Try http://www.tacticsprc.com/ for some pics...
Your rifle, 50-60rds and your dope to 700 (usually 600 and under, but you never know). Scott's last email contained a cryptic hint: "bring all your gear" so I'm sure it'll be fun and challenging as usual. Elbow pads/ knee pads are a good idea to have.

Its more of a tactical precision match, not to be confused with long range prone iron sights, prone shooting 500yds with 60 rounds prone.
We shoot a mover, in the cab of a pickup, off a simulated room, 90 degree prone, out of a boat, etc.....
Its a fun match, winner gets a coin that he has to bring back the following month.

Yes the match on the 25th is cancelled.

Make sure for those who just come to watch, that you have eye and ear protection, its mandatory on the range.

Shooters, reminder: We start shooting at 7am

Ross and I are planning on coming down.Looking forward to seeing what you sneaky Phoenix guys have planned for stages this time,haha.

Steve

No fancy stuff this weekend, but we'll definately have fun shooting the mover and a few other standard targets. I take requests on $20 bills too.

I'll bring a game, hopefully its my "A". Was just figuring out a good seated postion tonight instead of while waiting for my turn to fire (for once-trying to think ahead).

Shall I plan on leaving the mat in the car again?
wink.gif

We had a good match, Congrats to Mark for a great performance.

Mark- 655
Steve E- 570
Fred- 570
Tim- 565
Scott-505
Bill-500
Nick-495
Steve M-440
Brian-385
Mike-290
Ross-260
Pete 225

Pretty tight match after the first spot. Good shooting boys.

Now that I have a little more time, heres a detailed report:

Stage 1: cold bore shot, 100yd golf ball shot= 100pts for first round hit 25 points for 2nd round.
Stage 2: 100yd KYL(know your limitations) 4 shots max; 10pts for 2inch circle, if you hit that 1inch target is worth 15pts, 3 target is 1/2 inch worth 20 and the 4th target is worth 30 points, the catch is once you miss you lose all your points. You can stop whenever you want and take points earned.
Stage 3: 200yds, standing, kneeling, sitting, prone on a 10 inch plate. 20 points per
Stage 4: 100yd prone unsupported(no bipod): 4 inch circle(10 points) with a 2 inch inner circle(25 points)
Stage 5: 100yd 5 dot drill( 5 one inch dots) with weak shoulder, 1 minute time limit
Stage 6: 300yd moving chaos: within 60 seconds, shoot the mover(8x11 steel) then shoot 200yd 5 inch hostage head, 280yd hostage head then hit the mover once again.
Stage 7: 300yd 10 inch steel prone within 30 seconds--4 shots
Stage 8: 300yd skinny sammies(small poppers)--30 seconds, 4 shots
Stage 9: 500yd mover, 5 shots (this is harder than expected, I only hit 1 of 5)
Stage 10: 500yd skinny sammies again, but this time was 1 minute. These are 4 inches wide.

Hit factor was pretty high on most stage, but the mover 19 hits out of 60, so almost 33%hits.

I'll post up the next match soon, we'll have a free class at my new shop prior to the next match for those interested in seeing what this sport is all about. Stay tuned for details....