• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes phone/camera adapter for Leupold 12-40

JL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2005
Banned
Could someone kindly recommend system that I could use with Leupy spotter?

Taking most of photos with Samsung Galaxy S3, but got compact digicam too with thread on bottom. All info appreciated!

Re: phone/camera adapter for Leupold 12-40

Thanks, but saw only iPhöne models there.

davide, uses one called monocam with a small P&S camera

I am not sure who Monocam is, but he has posted images of the same.

t8p374.jpg

Couldnt find one.

But this fits like daddy in mommy..

Ta-daa!

Imageshack auto-rotated photos sideways for some reason.
Also phone camera's FOV cuts sides off.

Leupold Mark IV spotter / H32 @ 40x

3144hdt.jpg

12x
2dlkva8.jpg

What a beauty! (First time I welded plastic...)
54yq83.jpg

Man I'm diggin deep into the archives here...

Read lots of meh reviews on the Phone Skope product...anyone have a successful video setup for a Leupold GR or Mark 4 spotter?

How much you wanna spend? My Cadex surveillance rig does this well but it’s $2k. :-/
Checked those out last night they're cool but well beyond practicality for me.

Other options?

Last edited:
You've said all info appreciated so I'll jump in w/this.

Many of the adaptors set up for this kind of imagery, you'll have to find step-up/step down threaded rings or sleeves to attempt to use these adaptors to a specific spotter/rifle scope. I've found there are an infinite number of press fit sleeves, extensions et al w/different acc. thread sizes or w/the ability to come close to adapting this to what you want.

I'm still in the process of getting all the primary sfuff for my second rifle build, but when finished I may buy 2 adaptors which are made by Fotodiox, an outfit that specializes in adaptors which are very well machined to do something w/my cameras and/or cellphone behind my scopes.

I have the March 4.5-28X52 so the first adaptor I'd get would be this

One end of this fits a nikon digital camera, the other has a 48mm thread. the back end of the March has a 43mm acc. thread, so of course I'll spring for something like a Heliopan 48mm-43mm step down ring. You'll have to track down which rings juxtapose male to female threads the way you want.

I've seen a lot of cheaply made and constructed "Rube Goldberg" Bullshit sold to do this, and they're a waste of money. You need something that is professionally machined w/true right angles where they're supposed to be, and Fotodiox isn't Heliopan or B+W but it's good enough and will work.

For a combination of adapting either a cellphone or camera I may pick up this depending on the next scope I get.

Fotodiox manufactures mostly adaptors, and they're bought by photographers and they're machined right and they work.

Adapting to specific spotters/riflescopes you'll may have to track down ringed adaptors/step-up/step-down rings/extension rings w/different thread sizes, and there's an outfit call 'Raf" on ebay that makes adaptor rings that nobody else makes. They also sell helicoid/variable extension tubes if you need to get the distance right.

This isn't going to eliminate the issue of having combined 2 optical systems and then trying to consider 1 by itself; kind of like trying to figure out how food tastes after you've put hot sauce on it, but it will obviously be an improvement over hand holding a cellphone behind an optic.

Last edited:
I'm going to try epoxy and this ring with a spare phone case and thread it onto the Leupold adapter.

Attachments

• 20220404_120041.jpg
    20220404_120041.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 18
Yes, Cokin also has filter rings/adaptors/ext. rings, so does K&F, also Fotodiox. There's also Heliopan and B+W.

An outfit from the east has every type of ring/adaptor in almost any size imaginable and if you can't find it somewhere else, this is your last stop.

You look like you've got a winner.

B&H also has this which is supposed to work w/different diameter eyepieces..

Last edited:
8D68BCBC680D433DAFBFABAB82E0B904_3717r.jpg

This is the setup I use with my spotter.

Reactions: valsport