• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Photos of Lasermax UNI-IR Class 1 "in Action"

IR-V

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
In response to my reviews of the Lasermax UNI-IR Class 1, I have received numerous private mail requests for photos of it "in action."

The photos below show the UNI-IR C1 projections at 300 yards and 550 yards. As you can see, they are very clear and coherent, with only minimal bloom to my NVD:

1zjexy.jpg

2vuf289.jpg

Impressive performance for 0.7 mW!

The wavelength is 850 nm.

IR-V

Re: Photos of Lasermax UNI-IR Class 1 "in Action"

these are great! i'm after one....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">these are great! i'm after one....
</div></div>

More to like ...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Small as a match box ...</span>

55mlxi.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Weighs less than an ounce ...</span>

122hs2w.jpg

IR-V

You've definitely sold me one. That's just what I've been looking for, for my USP. Thanks for the pictures.

"Impressive performance for 0.7 mW!"

I would concur, I was very surprised and pleased at performance.

I have to think and hope they are sticking this in a pistol guide rod at some point, anybody know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Kurtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've definitely sold me one. That's just what I've been looking for, for my USP. Thanks for the pictures. </div></div>
Glad the photos were helpful for you! The Lasermax UNI-IR is an ideal solution for pistols.

To boresight your UNI-IR, I recommend that you attach a visible laser. First, align the visible laser to your bore and sights; and then viewing through your Night Vision Device, align the IR laser dot with the visible laser dot.

In the photo below, a UNI-IR module is mounted to the bottom rail, and an older UNI visible (green) laser module is mounted to the side rail.

rr46x4.jpg

If you don't have a spare rail, the topcovers on the UNI lasers double as accessory rails for attaching or "stacking" additional optical devices. In the following image, the UNI-IR module is stacked on top of a UNI visible (green) laser module:

2hfmkd4.jpg

IR-V

I have a G17 suppressed and the uni is the ticket.

My unsuppressed G20 that I <span style="font-weight: bold">holster</span> in a ALS-6377, the uni wont fit of course.
I really need to stick with a visible laser on the G20 anyway, that said I think they would sell a few IR recoil rod lasers if produced...maybe not

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a G17 suppressed and the uni is the ticket.

My unsuppressed G20 that I <span style="font-weight: bold">holster</span> in a ALS-6377, the uni wont fit of course.
I really need to stick with a visible laser on the G20 anyway, that said I think they would sell a few IR recoil rod lasers if produced...maybe not
</div></div>
There are plenty of ballistic nylon tactical holsters that will fit a Glock 20 pistol with UNI laser attached to the accessory rail, and hold securely for rappelling and airborne operations. However, if you're more partial to form fitted kydex, the Fobus tactical holster is a workable option:

Fobus Tactical Holster

In regard to integrated lasers, it is probably only a matter of time before Crimson Trace follows suit with Class 1 IR laser options for their laser grip models; and where LaserLyte produces a Class 1 IR option for their rear sight laser.

IR-V