• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phx monthly match for July

Re: Phx monthly match for July

Thanks. Now if I can get out this weekend and do a little final sight in work with the little extra ammo I have I will be good to go. Last week I tried but it started to rain 2 min after getting to the spot I shoot. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good learning experience.

Got my scope and bolt back so I'll be out next round. 21st is the next date?

We may have a conflict for the next shoot. The AZ Desert Sharpshooters calendar states they are shooting their F-Class match @ PRGC on the 21st @ 0700..?

http://desertsharpshooters.com/content/index.php?module=calendar&sch_id=1

The PRGC site says it's ours on the 21st and F-Class is on the 22nd.

http://www.phoenixrodandgun.org/Calendars/2010/HPAug2010.html

I'll try to contact the Desert Sharpshooter guys and let them know it appears they're advertising the wrong day/date...

Update: The F-Class guys changed their calendar and they are shooting on the 22nd.

keep in mind sofa, we don't always use the 500 yd bay. we're going to start using the wash and small bore more and more as we gear up for the big match.

I am pretty sure that I can help out friday on the setup if someone wants to let me know when and where to meet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whos running the match this month? </div></div>

NOT IT!

wasn't tim doing it this month? maybe i'm coRnfused, again.

if need be i'm sure we can throw something together quickly. when do you want to do the teams match? sept? oct?

I won't be in town until late the night before but I'll go ahead and vote Nick and Mike it for you. Lowe should start learning also...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't be in town until late the night before but I'll go ahead and vote Nick and Mike it for you. Lowe should start learning also...

</div></div>

If I wanted any lip out of you I would pull down your pants

guess its me again.......Nicky, you tell me when you want to do it and lets have a little notice on here, so people can get their teams together.

Scott, I'll watch over your shoulder next match. I ain't learned much, but I ain't dumb neither.

FYI I can help out Friday but I need to know ASAP. If no help is needed I need to get out and throw a few down range Friday AM since I have a clean bore and need to do a little final sight in work (not that it will make a difference LOL). Then I must mentally prepare for the butt kicking I will receive on Sat AM
smile.gif
If no help is need as well where do you meet on Sat AM as I have never been to this range?

PS- I put this in this post since I didn't see one for August anywhere.

Re: Phx monthly match for AUGUST

Looks like I may be able to play on my birthday after all!!

You guys have all week to shop for my presents (I need 162 Amax's and 9mm boolits)!

SA- http://www.phoenixrodandgun.org/ has directions I think. Take 7th Ave south all the way to the end-gate on the left is PRGC, gate on the right is police academy (probably won't let you in if they aren;t expecting you). 6:30-6:45 at either the first shack inside the gate on your left (500yd line) or drive straight to the office hang a left and go past the public range.

Don't prep for an ass kicking, prep to learn (bring a small pad and you can take notes on your actual dope).

I figured on the note pad (in turn I will be creating my own record book but want to see what is most useful to me to have on a sheet). I was going to ask what besides rifle, ammo, and water you guys recommend I bring with me (I know the usual shooting stuff like ear protection, eye protection, cleaning stuff in case of issue etc…).
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 6:30-6:45 </div></div>
Looks like I will have to be up at the crack of dawn to make this one... Well I hope it is a nice sun rise.
smile.gif

PS- I know this will be a learning experience and I look forward to that. I also look forward to the reloading kit that is coming for Xmas since I found out I am a dad to be and I am sure my budget will get cut shortly (more than it already has) but want to continue with precision shooting.

O yea if I can score a 20 I will be good with that for the day
smile.gif
Here is a quote I am trying to live by in this sport...

“Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality.
Ralph Marston”

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saturday at 7 ?

</div></div>

you show up at 7 and you will not be shooting. first round is downrange at 7, be there and ready to go at 6:30.

Looks like retard mike bailed on me, I'll be running the match again. I'm mad so I'm taking it out on you guys!! Prepare for a tough course of fire.

I need help friday to set up. If anyone wants to see the COF beforehand this is there time to see it. I'm closing the range at 6pm, so if you need dope or verify zero, you better do it before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like retard mike bailed on me, I'll be running the match again. I'm mad so I'm taking it out on you guys!! Prepare for a tough course of fire.

I need help friday to set up. If anyone wants to see the COF beforehand this is there time to see it. I'm closing the range at 6pm, so if you need dope or verify zero, you better do it before. </div></div>

I need to chrono a load and make sure Im zeroed at 100, Scott, Ill help you setup if you can stay a few minutes to let me do those 2 things before closing up.
This time Ill bring gloves. LOL
Let me know what time you want me there, anytime after 4 would be fine with me.

Like I said I can help on Friday if you want just PM me and let me know but I need to know by Wed afternoon. Also I need sight in time if possible. Just let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like retard mike bailed on me, I'll be running the match again. I'm mad so I'm taking it out on you guys!! Prepare for a tough course of fire.</div></div>

place a skinny-sammy @ 100 yards - I can't hit it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need help friday to set up. If anyone wants to see the COF beforehand this is there time to see it. I'm closing the range at 6pm, so if you need dope or verify zero, you better do it before.</div></div>

I will be there on Friday. If you're driving from Chandler we can carpool. I'll call you tomorrow.

No word on needing help so I will see you gents/ladies Sat in the early AM.

Scott is crazy busy and cant always reply. Come and help out if you want to, its up to you. A few of us will be there as usual to set it up.

Was talking with Scott today, if you need a zero or somehing, he said he'd be at the range Fri 5-ish pm, range going cold at 6pm so we can get targets out and set up.

depends on your definition of hot, it's 104 as of 3pm.

in the shade and a breeze it ain't bad at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it hot in AZ this time of year ?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taggart, Blazing Saddles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"It cain't be more an a hunderd an fourteen."</div></div>

If you need help I am in. If not I have BLM land with 100yrds I can use closer to home for my sight in work. It takes me an hour plus to get there so I don't want to make a wasted trip if I would just be standing around (not that using the range for sight in wouldn;t be nice). So let me know if you would like help or not.
smile.gif

If you can help cool, but understand an hour drive is long. If you want to sight in, come between 5-6. 6 the range is closing and we'll be starting to climb the hill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can help cool, but understand an hour drive is long. If you want to sight in, come between 5-6. 6 the range is closing and we'll be starting to climb the hill. </div></div>
Its about 40mins for me but Im happy to help, I got Mike's chrono so I need to chrono 2 loads.
Ill be there at 5-5:10 Scott.

It was only 105 today. Relatively comfortable for a summer in AZ. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its about 40mins for me but Im happy to help, I got Mike's chrono so I need to chrono 2 loads.
Ill be there at 5-5:10 Scott.</div></div>

don't shoot my chronograph. and if you do, i'll need you to replace it with an oehler.

come to think of it, mike instructed you wrong. the bullet is supposed to go through the body, NOT the upright sunscreens.

I actually though it was Mikes.... lol Nick, I promise to try not to shoot it lol.

That's cool F, I'm sure your pop wouldn't mind grabbing Nick an Oehler!

Dunno if I'm gonna make set up, don't make it too hard.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's cool F, I'm sure your pop wouldn't mind grabbing Nick an Oehler!

Dunno if I'm gonna make set up, don't make it too hard..... </div></div>
Oh he would, Id be working it off for a long time...

Will we need our shooting mat? Also, are we able to retrieve our brass?

Guess, I'll see you there tomorrow.

Well I managed to not shoot the chrono, didn't work too well though, read 2 out of 11 shots fired.
see you guys tomorrow.