• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Physical Fitness Help

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
As part of my enduring quest to get more fit (aka "Stop being fat") I like to set some goals that I can work toward. Last year was completing a 5k.
This year I might actually run it.
I like to have goals to work towards, and have a few hurdles:

I was looking at basic mil fitness tests and had a few questions:
(1) Its been a long time since I've been able to do a pull up. How does one train to do a pull up? Any advice. Goal #1 is 1. 1 Pull up.
(2)Found the ammo can lift. (30 lbs). Sure I could probably get a 30lb ammo can, but would it be the same to just do 2x15 lb weights? Even thought of doing using one of my rifles (yeah they aren't 30, but its the same muscles).

Also has anyone had luck swimming? Yes I can walk/run. I overheat a lot and swimming that isn't a problem (provided some ass doesn't overheat the pool). Plus its easier on the knees and usually gentler when falling.

Especially any grey beards who keep in shape during middle age. We ain't 20 no more, so gotta make sure not to do more damage.

The best training for pull-ups is pull-ups. Get someone to help with assisted pull ups when you begin. The best overall fitness training, especially for weight loss is walking and/or running. If you can can walk for 40 minutes a day that will take the weight off. Also try doing two work-outs a day, like walking 40 minutes in the morning and 40 minutes in the afternoon. I run in the morning and lift weights in the evening, with 1/4 mile jog in between sets to recover, for about 3 sets. If you can cut back on calories, you will really lose the weight. You don't have to change your diet, just eat less of what you've been eating. Stay away from swimming if you want to lose weight for esoteric reasons I won't go into. Competitive swim training is great. Swimming for general fitness is not that good if weight loss is your goal.

Me when I was 30

me 24.jpg
me 23.jpg
me pau france.jpeg

at 40
rick biathlon.JPG

Me at 60+, slowly gaining weight
pokey.jpg

Me today. I'm over 65. Lost 60+ pounds in the last six months. Got seriously hurt when my horse bolted at the warm-up to the Mounted Shooting World Championships. Got weighed at the doctor and hadn't realized how much weight I had gained as I was still running and lifting every day. Cut my calories in half (same diet, just less) and tripled my exercise. I was limited to just walking for the first month (with a cane) due to recovering from surgery. Now back to running 30 minutes to an hour in the morning and lifting/running in the evening. Ranch work and horse training during the day. 232 lbs to 168 lbs. The lightest I've ever been except when coming out of the hospital after crushing my spine and being paralyzed in a parachute crash.

me 5.jpg

Last edited:
Something I found out the hard way is my body weight affects the number of pull up reps .
@ 205lbs and killin it I could easily do 11-12 first set working out . Now at 227 and not killin shit it's like 3.
You tube has some good content on pull ups .
Also YouTube on swimming . There is a correct way to swim . Angle and height of elbow . Cadence , head rotation to breathe . I set up a swim tether for an endless pool . Yes you can sweat in water .
YouTube my good Brother .

I should clarify: While weight loss isn't my final goal. Getting physically fit is. However at my current weight, weight loss will just naturally occur. Now after a while I'll be in that "are you losing weight or getting fit". I've been doing the walking, but walking is no longer "difficult" (yes that is embarassing to write), so with all things its time to go a step up. Not a great comparison but I could play baseball/basketball at 300 no issue (When I was in my 20s). I dunno if I have that fitness today.

I'd rather be 250 and very active than 200 just to say I'm 200.

But right now we are moving through "Big Offensive Lineman" Territory so weight will come off... Diet Caloric Intake is at 2500 (we reduce as I reach various goals--i'm prob gonna lose some more here soon). I've got some 900 foot vertical ascents I'm pushing for, but still those knees like to tell me "FUCK YOU BIG BOI"--and my biggest worry is falling because its gonna take 2 grown men (or medflight) to get me up if I hurt something and I am VERY prone to falling (fat people=top heavy/unbalanced). I can push through pain, but like to prevent injury.

Sounds like I may need to set foot in a gym rather than doing outdoors.

You answered you own question.

Swim.

If youre over weight, it puts excess strain on everything,, ankles, knees, hips, back. You dont give your age but the older you are the more toll it takes. Pullups...great when your young but they do take a toll on your shoulders which can show up later. I may need shoulder replacement. Over weight running also puts excess stress on your whole cardio vascular system.

A Atreedawg mentioned, learn to do it right, get an instructor. Once your beyond fundamentals, find a Red Cross Life Guard course. You'll fail the first time but keep at it. By the time you can pass youll forget you will have achieved your goal.

The real thing is recognizing a major "Lifestyle change'. You may need to change a lot. Exercising is only a small part. Diet is huge, lots of veges and fruits, less fatty proteins, more fish, lean meat (in moderation). Start finding other friends that are into health and cultivate them.

Lifestyle change.

Here is something that I "discovered": yoga.

People might laugh but those same people would try it once and change their minds.

Even David Goggins said that he was like "hell naw!" , but now he does it all the time.

You can buy some simple DVDS or something and just follow the instructions.

Doing this stuff will definitely enable you to do a TON more other things that seemingly are not at all related.

Other than that I say that your mindset has to be different than before. Just 'gutting it out' and forcing yourself to do difficult physical activities like you did when you were 20 isn't the best approach.

Rather than just gutting it out try to take more of a 'rehabilitation' tactic. Yes you will still have to gut it out but the exercises will have a slightly different form to them. It won't be "less difficult" but rather you will work smarter rather than just harder.

When you were 20 the work out tactic was 'if it doesn't work use a bigger hammer', but now you need to work on nuances and what that does to your physical well-being.

Swimming is your best overall body workout.

Work up to one hour. In 15 minute increments of four different strokes.

I would warm up with using a swim board and just kicking back and forth in the pool for 15 minutes.

Next was breast stoke for 15 minutes.

Third was side stroke alternating sides and doing an up and back freestyle - so side stroke right side, side stroke left side, free style up and back than side stroke again.

Last was what I called crabs. Get in a sitting position and using just your arms propel yourself backwards up and back for 15 minutes.

None of it made me an endurance swimmer but it burned calories and built lean muscle.

For pull-ups.

Tie the green band over the bar in a hitch loop. Put one foot in the band, you instantly reduce your weight by the tension of the band.

"(2)Found the ammo can lift. (30 lbs). Sure I could probably get a 30lb ammo can, but would it be the same to just do 2x15 lb weights? Even thought of doing using one of my rifles (yeah they aren't 30, but its the same muscles)."

No, 2x15 is not quite the same as 1x30. During bilateral movements you get, among other things, additional stability, over unilateral movements that allow you to lift heavier.

Typically, one can expect to accomplish 3/4 of 1/2 the weight unilaterally as compared to bilateral. For example, if you can bench 225 for 5 reps, you're likely able to dumbell bench 85# dumbbells, not the 112# you might expect just dividing by half. I have found this to be pretty close to spot-on across a variety of barbell and dumbbell movements.

The vast majority of people have a stronger side, that shouldn't come as a surprise to shooters. It's advantageous to train movements both bilaterally and unilaterally to improve strength, coordination, and even up the imbalances to reduce injury risk.

Source: Former meathead / trust me bro.

Reactions: Dot3 and Maggot
Do not underestimate the aerobic benefit of walking into a spider web.

Also, new teeth. My new teeth are going through the fitting stage, so, it hurts to eat anything tougher than yogurt. And I have lost 10 pounds. Down to a dainty 252 lbs (life has worn me down to a shrimpy 6' 4", I used to be 6' 6" a few decades ago.)

Reactions: muzzleloader
As others have said, as you get older, look for less impact on all your joints no matter what exercise you're doing. Swimming, rowing, cycling, etc.

And to quote my BIL; "You can run all you want but you'll never outrun that fork."

We both went back to a mostly low-carb diet about three months ago. No extra exercise at all really, I still try for my daily lunch break 1-mile walk, and I've lost around 20lbs. I'm under 200lbs for the first time in a long time.

Reactions: 101st
water running/aerobics is also a good way to go if your joints can't take the pounding of running outside.

Try underwater hockey too. It involves swimming, but isn't about the swimming. You're playing a game, so your mind isn't on the exercise

HTH

M

Reactions: Maggot
Swimming is your best overall body workout.

Work up to one hour. In 15 minute increments of four different strokes.

I would warm up with using a swim board and just kicking back and forth in the pool for 15 minutes.

Next was breast stoke for 15 minutes.

Third was side stroke alternating sides and doing an up and back freestyle - so side stroke right side, side stroke left side, free style up and back than side stroke again.

Last was what I called crabs. Get in a sitting position and using just your arms propel yourself backwards up and back for 15 minutes.

None of it made me an endurance swimmer but it burned calories and built lean muscle.

For pull-ups.

Tie the green band over the bar in a hitch loop. Put one foot in the band, you instantly reduce your weight by the tension of the band.
^^^

But save the pull ups until you lose some weight.

Do not underestimate the aerobic benefit of walking into a spider web.

Also, new teeth. My new teeth are going through the fitting stage, so, it hurts to eat anything tougher than yogurt. And I have lost 10 pounds. Down to a dainty 252 lbs (life has worn me down to a shrimpy 6' 4", I used to be 6' 6" a few decades ago.)
Yep, 6'2" sown to 6'.

And yoga suggestion was right on, Gets you limber, and balanced. And usually lots of fit babes in the class.

Reactions: Ronws
I can float around in a pool all day and not break a sweat or lose an ounce. It’ll catch all sorts of flak here, but a bike is a great aerobic exercise that is also easy on your joints, and you can’t fool yourself into thinking you did something like you can in a pool. Laps in a pool suck. At least you can see different stuff on a bike. Keep it on the sidewalk so you don’t create a traffic blockage.

Oh, don’t get one of those electric jobs if the goal is exercise.

Beyond that, fitness gyms Typically have “elliptical machines,” which are also good exercise while easy on the joints. Join the most expensive gym you can find. That way it hurts when you miss a day.

You need to get some exercise clothes. On the thicker side so you can build up a sweat. They will be rather unfamiliar and you will be moving them all around your house to find the best place to keep them. You will know it's working because after about a week they'll feel lighter. That's when you need to go and get some heavier clothes.

Thank you,
MrSmith

I have recently refocused my fitness goals around losing weight, even if it’s some muscle. Early 50’s is not the time to turn into a “fat guy”. I’ve been 249ish for 20+ years, but started to see a bit of middle age spread partly because of a new huge hour job. My chins went from 14+reps to 10+Reps at the same weight hit. I’ve cut carbs severely and added some fat. I started a short jog every couple days with one of my boys. The days in-between I do chins/pushups/light squatsX3. Cutting more calories might be required and it won’t be a big challenge mentally. I want to be lighter so the old joints don’t moan so much moving me around. Time is at a huge premium right now due to work demands. Too much stairs and running aggravate tired knees from years of running and stairs in bunker gear. If calorific restriction is the driver rather than lots more activity, so be it until my job consists of keeping active dogs satisfied.
If you have time to go to the gym, do so. 2 a day cardio on an elliptical that works your arms also will become a habit. Become flexible enough to do squats, even just body weight. Knees over toes is your friend. Took away my knee pain. Running is what brings it back.

Sweating doesn’t burn calories. Fat guys sweat profusely. Sweating in heavy clothes will just dehydrate you. Unless you’re cutting for some sort of competition, losing water weight is meaningless.

Meaningful weight loss is as simple as burning more calories than you consume. Roughly 3500 calories per lb of fat loss. Figure a basal metabolism of 1800 calories per day. A 1 mile walk burns roughly 100 calories. A 30 minute recreational swim burns 300 (backstroke)-600(crawl) calories. A 30 minute bike ride at 10mph burns roughly 350 cal. (Estimates based on 300 lb male, and calculators found online)

The hard part is that regardless of what you see on tic tic or the gram, there is no “one easy trick.” It is simple; reduce caloric intake to below caloric burn. It is not easy; you have to increase your activity level while reducing your food intake. This takes real willpower.

And, a “diet” isn’t a short term fix. If you want to knock off the weight and keep it off, it’s a lifestyle change. Take a good look at that fad diet and ask yourself “can I eat like this for the rest of my life?”

You’re taking the correct first step in having realistic goals.

Best way to get better at pull-ups is to do pull ups. I can still do 21, but was down to 2 after back surgery. Took close to a year to get back over 20, and I was very physically fit before surgery. Shitty thing about pull ups is it only takes 1.5 days of not doing them to drop 5. Fuckers…

Same for running. After surgery it was just walks. Then I ran a 1/2 mile, and slowly increased distance without focusing on speed. Once I could reliably run 3 miles again (took close to 8 months), I worked at speed. Never got back to where I was, but good enough. My running schedule is Monday-Friday doing 3-2-1-2-3.

3 miles Monday, 2 miles Tuesday, 1 mile Wednesday, 2 Thursday, 3 Friday. As the distance drops, I increase my speed. Have to wear an AFO that is like a spring that lifts my foot due to nerve damage.

That’s a whole bunch of words for me to say it takes time. Start with small goals and continue getting better. You’ll get to a point where you’re not miserable when exercising, and actually start to enjoy it.

Sweating doesn’t burn calories. Fat guys sweat profusely. Sweating in heavy clothes will just dehydrate you. Unless you’re cutting for some sort of competition, losing water weight is meaningless.

Meaningful weight loss is as simple as burning more calories than you consume. Roughly 3500 calories per lb of fat loss. Figure a basal metabolism of 1800 calories per day. A 1 mile walk burns roughly 100 calories. A 30 minute recreational swim burns 300 (backstroke)-600(crawl) calories. A 30 minute bike ride at 10mph burns roughly 350 cal. (Estimates based on 300 lb male, and calculators found online)

The hard part is that regardless of what you see on tic tic or the gram, there is no “one easy trick.” It is simple; reduce caloric intake to below caloric burn. It is not easy; you have to increase your activity level while reducing your food intake. This takes real willpower.

And, a “diet” isn’t a short term fix. If you want to knock off the weight and keep it off, it’s a lifestyle change. Take a good look at that fad diet and ask yourself “can I eat like this for the rest of my life?”

I know I didn't mention nutrition, but the unspoken part is I've been doing that through the hospital for the "Lifestyle change" (p.s. fuck diabetes)
Grocery Store this week: 0 frozen food. 0 Chips. 0 Soda (even diet).

However, eventually your body adjusts that metabolism rate and you need to "amp up" the burn (or reduce more calories). That's kinda where I am. Its a cat and mouse game between your metabolism and diet. My personal thing is to build up fitness to shoot a PRS match competantly, run a 5k (instead of walk), enjoy a good hardy hike in the hills rather than flat trails only. I ain't got no hunting partner so I gotta haul that giant white-tailed rat myself to the truck

Mark didn't call me the sweatbox at Franks class for nothing...

:ROFLMAO:

A common mistake many people make is to start with too large of a caloric restriction, and then when the weightloss stops, they've got nowhere to go. Instead, a more sustainable approach is to start at a -500 calorie deficit, ride that as long as possible, and when weight plateaus for a week or two, then cut an additional -500 calories and repeat.

Plus, it's easier to adhere to smaller deficits than to take a big deficit right at the beginning.

Reactions: Bradu

Good point. I can, in fact, eat “keto” for the rest of my life. A bit hungry and lean faced feeling is better than knowing I am a fat fuck. Others may be more addictive personalities and have add more activities to burn the carbs off.

• Haha
Reactions: JR_77
It maybe obvious since no one has mentioned it, but footwear is going to be super important if you’re a bigger guy looking to do some longer movements. Use an app to track your miles, whether they’re walked, weighted or ran so you know exactly how far those shoes have travelled, and replace them on time to avoid injury.

There have been a lot of good posts here, especially starting with smaller goals to attain the bigger goals. Daily activities and clean diet will do a lot of good. I lost over 80 pounds in 2016 with keto and a combination of lifting weights and running. I put some of that back on after hurting my back but I’m back to it now and just taking it a day at a time with the goals. I’ll be 48 in September.

Intermittent fasting and brisk walking >20 minutes especially while fasted will take weight off. Start simple like eat a decent lunch then skip dinner. Drink a couple glasses of water eventually you'll get to like feeling fasted especially after you lose a little weight and get the hang of it. I was surprised how good it feels to be fasted.

VooDoo

just don’t do gay ass crossfit pull ups.

Honestly, I’d work push ups and planks for a hot minute before moving on to pull ups. Do a good warm up before jumping on the bar.

I do a max set of pull ups followed by a double amount of push ups. Do that 3 times in a row with a 1-2 minute break in between.

Then max time I can hold a front plank. I do that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

It maybe obvious since no one has mentioned it, but footwear is going to be super important if you’re a bigger guy looking to do some longer movements. Use an app to track your miles, whether they’re walked, weighted or ran so you know exactly how far those shoes have travelled, and replace them on time to avoid injury.
No doubt. I feel bad replacing shoes so often, but I am almost woman like in my shoe apparel. Exercise boots and shoes which then graduate to everyday which then eventually become lawn shoes.
In less than a year I can wear out the shock pads. I get about 3 months on exercise shoes (more in winter) before they graduate to everyday

Reactions: darkfader
Intermittent fasting and brisk walking >20 minutes especially while fasted will take weight off. Start simple like eat a decent lunch then skip dinner. Drink a couple glasses of water eventually you'll get to like feeling fasted especially after you lose a little weight and get the hang of it. I was surprised how good it feels to be fasted.

VooDoo
Yep, I try not to eat anything after 8PM. Don't eat breakfast, eat a small low-carb lunch and supper and that's it. And my daily 1 mile walks.
No doubt. I feel bad replacing shoes so often, but I am almost woman like in my shoe apparel. Exercise boots and shoes which then graduate to everyday which then eventually become lawn shoes.
In less than a year I can wear out the shock pads. I get about 3 months on exercise shoes (more in winter) before they graduate to everyday
Rule of thumb I was told was when any of the tread wears smooth, the padding/support in the shoe is done, toss 'em and replace.

Lots of good pull up instructional videos on YouTube.
Assited band pull ups are good. Negatives are also very good. Gymnast rings are a very good way to building upper body strength.
Lots of videos on basic ring exercises too. Plus, almost everything on rings is scalable. To your current fitness level.

Doc,

I haven’t seen you mention how your back is doing. If I am remembering correctly, that was the start of all this about 4-5 years ago. Fuzed , correct?

I’ll preface this by admitting I have now had four multi level back surgeries, two partially torn shoulders and a can’t run anymore due to a pretty serious stress fracture. I’m not easy on this body and don’t always make the best choices. Pushing through pain and ego eventually set me back. Don’t be stupid, like me.

If I am in fact on point, please do not start doing pull ups until you are in reasonably good shape. Even assisted you are going to put a lot of strain on you back (especially if you’re heavy) and though those rods are likely set firm, the discs above and below have been taking the brunt of life’s stresses since then. I’d hate to see them let go. Also, it’s a lot of stress in your shoulders and if you tear something you’re in for a long recovery. I love pull ups, and have just started doing them again, it you need to be ready. I took four years off of them. Start with cable pull downs, light weight.

For me, incline walking is where it’s at, but I didn’t start there. I started with the recumbent stationary bike, watching movies. Cleaned the diet up and rode 45 minutes a day and the weight started falling off. Easy on joints and back. I slowly started introducing different cardio and exercise.

If you’re still in CO, you have what I consider some of the very best hiking anywhere in the US. If your balance is good and you can get up if you fall, walking short distances may help with the monotony of cardio. IMO, it’s good for ours Souza to be in the woods, and I feel mentally at peace. At least when I get away fro people.

I would spend the first three to six months getting my cardio improved, and working on strengthening all of my connective tissues. Light, smooth weight training
, stretching and walking. Increase weight/reps/ distance when you feel you’re ready.

Also, keep track of your workouts and daily calories, etc. I poo poo’d fitness watches for years and now I don’t do shit without my Garmin on. It’s almost addictive. How on point it is doesn’t matter as long as it’s consistent. Keeps me honest.

Stretch. (I’m being a hypocrite) it’s important. I try to do a 20 minute routine five times a week. Sometimes I success, most weeks I fail due to time or floor space limitations , but ultimately those are excuses as I can stretch almost anywhere at any time. Don’t neglect this for the fun shit.

Chris

Doc,

I haven’t seen you mention how your back is doing. If I am remembering correctly, that was the start of all this about 4-5 years ago. Fuzed , correct?

I’ll preface this by admitting I have now had four multi level back surgeries, two partially torn shoulders and a can’t run anymore due to a pretty serious stress fracture. I’m not easy on this body and don’t always make the best choices. Pushing through pain and ego eventually set me back. Don’t be stupid, like me.

If I am in fact on point, please do not start doing pull ups until you are in reasonably good shape. Even assisted you are going to put a lot of strain on you back (especially if you’re heavy) and though those rods are likely set firm, the discs above and below have been taking the brunt of life’s stresses since then. I’d hate to see them let go. Also, it’s a lot of stress in your shoulders and if you tear something you’re in for a long recovery. I love pull ups, and have just started doing them again, it you need to be ready. I took four years off of them. Start with cable pull downs, light weight.

Chris

Different Doc! My back is one of the few things still working for me. Knees and shoulders, and 1 hip are starting to go. There's been a lot of good suggestions and I do listen! I prob will move away from the pull up goal until much much later if ever. In fact I do have exercise bands left from frozen shoulder. Right now it would be like a normal guy doing a pullup with another full grown guy on his back. Plus I understand the difference between "injury" sore and "exercise" sore. The idea of Yoga/Pilates (ironically invented for WW1 vets) is very attractive as its a nice way to get those muscles moving again.

It is one of the reasons I started here in the pit as even with all our saltiness, I figured a few of you had been better at battling age and fitness and that is worth more than some 20 something screaming at me in the gym. Be there down that, and it led to a lot of frustration because the will to continue can be stronger than our body and that's a recipe for injury. I nearly drowned a while back simply because my body said "nope" and shut down 3 feet from safety. I had pushed waaaaaay to hard.

Trust me, that was the longest distance I have ever seen.

Glad the back is good. Just keep your mind right. Be stubborn, in a smart way and take the setbacks for what they are, setbacks not show stoppers.

I get a kick out of the gym kids. 20 something thinking they’re hot shit. I smile and wonder what things will be like for them after 25-30 more trips around the Sun. Ignorance is bliss…

How old were you at surgery and what type
Discectomy L4-L5 and widening of the canal. Pinched nerve for over 7 months left me with permanent nerve damage, and is why I now have to walk/run with an AFO.

Op- You have the right mindset to make this work. Go slow, progress safely, and injury mitigation should be at the forefront of all you do.

Once you drop the weight, treat yourself to some cosmetic surgery to remove all the hanging skin.

I’ve found that when I commit to a good diet in conjunction with exercise, the exercise is (a) more effective and (b) is easier to maintain the routine.

Get a game plan around how vacations / holidays will look for you or else you’ll do great for a month and then hit a holiday or vacation and drop off the train.

Eating correctly will really help you get to a weight that is a good base to build off of

ETA: can’t spell

Reactions: FatBoy
The idea of Yoga/Pilates (ironically invented for WW1 vets) is very attractive as its a nice way to get those muscles moving again.
Lots of great information in this thread. I reinvigorated my fitness journey back in 2020 going to Pilates at my wife’s urging. It got derailed with Covid now been hitting it hard for 2 years since 2021.

I was hesitant trying Pilates coming from lifting weights when I was younger but I have to admit it is a great way to not only get in good shape but it’s healthy for your body meaning there’s stretching, resistance, and about 50% of each class is a hard core ab workout. No pressure on the joints.

The focus on abs has cured just about all of my low back pain it’s mostly gone. I have since added weights and light cardio at my home gym and feel better than I have in 30 years I’ve tuned the clock back for sure.

I’ve heard great things with Yoga just don’t want to add anything else to the mix right now.

Reactions: samadisoulcrusher
Lots of great information in this thread. I reinvigorated my fitness journey back in 2020 going to Pilates at my wife’s urging. It got derailed with Covid now been hitting it hard for 2 years since 2021.

I was hesitant trying Pilates coming from lifting weights when I was younger but I have to admit it is a great way to not only get in good shape but it’s healthy for your body meaning there’s stretching, resistance, and about 50% of each class is a hard core ab workout. No pressure on the joints.

The focus on abs has cured just about all of my low back pain it’s mostly gone. I have since added weights and light cardio at my home gym and feel better than I have in 30 years I’ve tuned the clock back for sure.

I’ve heard great things with Yoga just don’t want to add anything else to the mix right now.
I like yoga. It’s not as easy as it looks, plus tons of pussy (some times literally) in the classes.

I like yoga. It’s not as easy as it looks, plus tons of pussy (some times literally) in the classes.
I’ve heard Yoga is tough not for the wimps I want to try it at some point.

As for Pilates it sounds like Yoga I’m normally the only dude in there. Range of women are from 20’s to 60’s I’d say average age is mid 30’s man that’s right up your alley. :ROFLMAO:

I go with my wife and it’s keeping us young and in shape gets the endorphins flowing.

@Milf Dots get to a Pilates class you won’t have much competition it’s a target rich environment. :cool:

I’ve heard Yoga is tough not for the wimps I want to try it at some point.

As for Pilates it sounds like Yoga I’m normally the only dude in there. Range of women are from 20’s to 60’s I’d say average age is mid 30’s man that’s right up your alley. :ROFLMAO:

I go with my wife and it’s keeping us young and in shape gets the endorphins flowing.

@Milf Dots get to a Pilates class you won’t have much competition it’s a target rich environment. :cool:
I used to non-stop shit talk yoga. Went with a friend who is big into martial arts. Called him a fag the whole way there.

Promptly got rekt during the first session.

It has really helped with flexibility and balance for me. I notice a lot less muscle soreness and faster recovery after exercise.

I used to non-stop shit talk yoga. Went with a friend who is big into martial arts. Called him a fag the whole way there.

Promptly got rekt during the first session.

It has really helped with flexibility and balance for me. I notice a lot less muscle soreness and faster recovery after exercise.
Your about to make me sign up for it. A dude from Pilates said the same thing it will kick your ass but in a good way. He said he couldn’t finish the first class it wore him out.

Your about to make me sign up for it. A dude from Pilates said the same thing it will kick your ass but in a good way. He said he couldn’t finish the first class it wore him out.
It definitely wore me out. I wore the wrong clothes too so I always had to worry about my nutsack flopping out.

Now that I’ve been doing it for awhile I definitely recommend it. Make sure you wear jockeys or other tight fitting underwear so your nuts don’t flop out.

I might give the Pilates a try.

VooDoo
I used to fast regularly. Longest was a week with water. Now that I'm older I have more trouble with it.

If you read the bible, Jesus says ..."When (not if) you fast...."

I can float around in a pool all day and not break a sweat or lose an ounce. It’ll catch all sorts of flak here, but a bike is a great aerobic exercise that is also easy on your joints, and you can’t fool yourself into thinking you did something like you can in a pool. Laps in a pool suck. At least you can see different stuff on a bike. Keep it on the sidewalk so you don’t create a traffic blockage.

Oh, don’t get one of those electric jobs if the goal is exercise.

Beyond that, fitness gyms Typically have “elliptical machines,” which are also good exercise while easy on the joints. Join the most expensive gym you can find. That way it hurts when you miss a day.
how, pray tell, is one supposed to see anything on a sidewalk?

...except maybe the hood or doors of a cager right hooking you? I've been right hooked. It isn't as much fun as it sounds

M