• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Physical Training?

ColoradoKevin

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
I was looking around on these forums and I haven't been able to find anything on Physical Training. Does anyone know what the Army or Marines sniper programs use as a PT program? Details would be great. Thanks

Re: Physical Training?

I believe the term is no longer Physical Training. It is now called Combat Conditioning.

This is a public forum, accessible by anybody.

hush... not anymore I guess
whistle.gif

I ran the Army school for a while..... Basic APFT on day1. Other than that its pretty much pt in the am when the schedule allowed (fairly hard pt). If your class is a bunch of idiots then you will get smoked. That being said... if you show up and do what you are asked its all big boy rules.

I don’t know the specifics of mil PT programs but, if you are looking to get in shape, Crossfit is the way to do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burkian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don’t know the specifics of mil PT programs but, if you are looking to get in shape, Crossfit is the way to do it. </div></div>

Yup, this program is the shiznit. Be fit before you start, or scale the workouts back. If you don't, injuries are almost guaranteed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoradoKevin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what the Army or Marines sniper programs use as a PT program? </div></div>

Marine Sniper PT is no different than regular Marine PT. Sniper platoons just do more of it.

Crossfit, P90X, and running. You will go far... For the Marine Corps, it would behoove you to run three miles in 18 minutes, do 20 pullups, and get 100 crunches in two minutes, as Lindy said. The best way to get better at crunches, is to do crunches. The best way to get better at pullups, is pullups. The best way to get better at running is..... yeah, running. Crossfit and P90x are excellent supplements to a daily workout, even if it's a light workout, as well as good nutrition.

Oh... and for Army... do pushups too.

Good luck.

First find several 100 pound plus pieces of 1/2 plate steel and set them up in a field from 300 to 1000 yards then put them away (always running) then Find a late 80's full size chevy blazer that somebody broke then push it home. Then you will be ready for 2 mar div sniper school. Repeat this several times if you have slow learners in your class.

working out, and the gym have been my life since i was 16 y/o....i have no idea about military training, but a high level of physical training should be a priority to everyone on the hide...

bench

Wrote a bit about what we do in the danish army a while back.
This test unfortunately will propably not become standard after all. Pretty sure its because there is a lot of decision making fatties around.
We still use it in my company though. I really think this is the most relevant I have seen to date.
If you focus on these exercises. I promise you, it will make your life in the service easier.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1337233

And the sniper section does the same PT as everyone else.