• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pic of DPMS with new 308 PMAGs

dustinlotz

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
Naples, FL
I just thought I would share:
307f8b73.jpg

Sorry for the bad iPhone pic.

BTW - The PMAG was hit with Brown Krylon. This is not a factory color.

Re: Pic of DPMS with new 308 PMAGs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just thought I would share:
307f8b73.jpg

Sorry for the bad iPhone pic.

BTW - The PMAG was hit with Brown Krylon. This is not a factory color. </div></div>

Which model is that?

And a usage question. Do you find the A2 stock to be sufficient for long range precision shooting? I've always used the AR 15 as a "battle rifle"; one that has the perfect accuracy of minute of man (as opposed to hitting dimes at 100 yards), and I've generally found that the standard length stock is still too short for me. What are your thoughts on the A2 and precision shooting from the AR platform?

I have been using the Magpul 308 PMAG for quite a while and they are excellent.. I have a couple of the new GENs models as well we used it when we shot the IRA rifle.

last week

IMG_7557.jpg

Anyone got the product # for Brownells. Still can't see them on their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4Rail_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the PMags have an anti tilt follower? Or atleast have less tilt issues than the standard mag? </div></div>

Yes...and yes. They are top-notch mags and a hell of a bargain at $18-20/mag compared to the standard DPMS mags and the ridiculously priced KAC mags.

I will have some of these mags to sell sometime next week. I will also drop my website price on these as well once they are in stock. They are on my front webpage, here is the link: Magpul 7.62 PMAG

I have yet to get to the range to see how they perform, but I am sure Lowlight speaks the truth. I have not seen anything from Magpul that was less than impressive. I should get some trigger time either Christmas day or the day after. I'll give a full report then.

I will also have some of their new AFG, Angled ForeGrip. It can be seen here: Magpul AFG. I think these will be really cool.

I ordered 10 of the 7.62 mags. it will be nice having a mag that actually will function over the crappy C-products mags that the REPR comes with.

My gun is the LR 308 version that has had the upper changed out and the barrel cut to 20" from the standard 24".

The A2 stock is okay for long range shooting. I haven't changed it because I cannot decide what I want. Do I want the A2, a PRS, or a collapsible stock like the Magpul ACS or VLTOR EMOD??? The jury is still out...

I don't have any specs in front of me but can someone comment on the weight difference between this Pmag and a DPMS mag? I thought I read these Pmags are a 50% weight reduction, is that right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lightscout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have any specs in front of me but can someone comment on the weight difference between this Pmag and a DPMS mag? I thought I read these Pmags are a 50% weight reduction, is that right? </div></div> Holding the two in my hands I would have to say it feels like at least 50% lighter than my DPMS mags. I also should have some trigger time with them this week and will write a follow up review.
Lowlight said they work great, they must I have never seen a product that sucked be placed on his good list.

any idea when they'll come in Dark Earth colors?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been using the Magpul 308 PMAG for quite a while and they are excellent.. I have a couple of the new GENs models as well we used it when we shot the IRA rifle.

last week

IMG_7557.jpg
</div></div>

Hey Lowlight, what jacket are you wearing in this shot?

It looks pretty snazzy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J. A. Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why ziptie the trigger back as pictured above?

Josh </div></div>

Probably a gunshow thing.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any idea when they'll come in Dark Earth colors? </div></div>
The PMAG 20LR will only be offered in Black due to the limited 7.62x51 AR market...

question bout the rifle is that a duracote paint job?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been using the Magpul 308 PMAG for quite a while and they are excellent.. I have a couple of the new GENs models as well we used it when we shot the IRA rifle.

last week

IMG_7557.jpg
</div></div>

Frank
What is the deal with the turrets on that scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any idea when they'll come in Dark Earth colors? </div></div>

As soon as you drive to Lowe's and get a can of Krylon.
wink.gif

My gun was not sprayed with duracoat. I used a combo of Krylon and the paint I sell on my site. Thanks for the compliment. My hand stencils took forever to make.

As for the ziptie, sobrbiker883 hit the nail on the head...gunshow.

I can't wait to try out these mags. The other mags I had caused many a double feed. I believe these will cure the issues.

I should have a case of these mags in on Tuesday if my memory serves me correctly. I will post in the commercial section once I confirm my quantity on hand.

Kind of off topic but I have a LR308 I and I want an upper with the dust cover, forward assisst. Can I just buy a new upper and swap my old barrel in? I know 308 AR's are supposed to be a little more finkey on the headspace....

Back on topic, that looks sweet. Once you get some in stock ill have to order a few.