• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pic problem

mrlhunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2006
North, Tx
I posted a few pics of my wife in the "hot' thread that I thought were for our members eyes only. I have deleted them

How is it possible that outside members can view this without a login.

Thanks,
Mitchell Lousch
Lucky Man

Re: Help, my wife may kill me over this

While you're waiting to find someone to edit your posts, pull the pictures down from your hosting service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucky Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted a few pics of my wife in the "hot girlfriends" thread that I thought were for our members eyes only. My wife googled my name today and up came the link with the pics. I have deleted them under lucky man but a few still exist under Mitchell Lousch. I need them wiped out so there is no public record or link to them.

How is it possible that outside members can view this without a login.

Thanks,
Mitchell Lousch
Lucky Man </div></div>

I have seen this on other sites also, you goggle someones name or user name boom they can see your post from different sites sometimes. You might as well face it you are going to die when she see's you and get her hands on you. Does she know how to shoot your long guns? If so you might not even see it comeing.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucky Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is it possible that outside members can view this without a login? </div></div>

Weren't you able to browse the posts of this and most every forum without becoming a member first. Hence the term "lurker". With the power of search engines just about everything posted is searchable.

I guess you missed the post from the Administrator a few weeks back about making sure you have permission before you post pictures.

Most forums are public which is why you can post links to them and other people can navigate the link. If you google Snipers Hyde or shooting related topics you will come up with lots of SH theads which is how I found the site.

Hope you get out of it.

Is this one of yours?

ivk5s9.jpg

I just Googled your name in quotes searching for images and it was the only one that popped up.

It looks like the only one Google has cached.

If you want to clean things up, delete all the links to the pictures on your host site, which looks like tinypics.

You might ask members who have quoted your posts to do the same.