• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Pic rail QD adapter for Bog a Pod?

clubmanager

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
The ‘death clamp’ or whatever it’s called works but I’d prefer the safety and convenience of a QD pic rail mount. Any leads before I go down the rabbit hole? And if the answer is to spend $500 on some high speed system, please don’t waste your time. I like the Bog Pod and just looking to tweak it a bit. TIA

Reactions: 338dude
@clubmanager I have no clue if that VYCE/Grip/Saddle system can be removed from the pan tilt head built in. If it can be removed you can see if there is a way to fasten this: SC-LR

SC-LR.main-1.jpg

@clubmanager I have no clue if that VYCE/Grip/Saddle system can be removed from the pan tilt head built in. If it can be removed you can see if there is a way to fasten this: SC-LR

View attachment 7814294
Someone on SH sells a ‘kit’ to install a ball so maybe I can get that and this to work together. When I have some time, I’ll review both for compatibility. Thanks!

I mostly use RRS system now, but when Manfrotto's and HOG style were fashionable, I modified the connectors and mounts with
threaded inserts for QD assemblies. Maybe some of these might work with your project.
DSCN3130 copy.JPG
DSCN3141 copy.JPG
IMG_3213 copy.JPG
IMG_3222 copy.JPG
IMG_3246 copy.JPG
IMG_3252 copy.JPG
IMG_3264 copy.JPG
IMG_3279 copy.JPG
IMG_3324 copy.JPG

.....and some more. These galvanized plates are really strong and capable of being used for table top tripod mounting
for any picatinny QD mounting device to the rifle. The PDF describes how I modified the LaRue. A 2016 Hide thread on this topic. Will download to your desktop when the PDF icon is clicked.
DSCN2939 copy.JPG
DSCN2941 copy.JPG

Attachments

• Manfrotto 054 Magnesium Ball Head Connecting Bolt LaRue LT666 Picatinny QD Mount Fabrication- ...pdf
    9.5 MB · Views: 39
I'm looking for the same thing. I can't seem to get my clamp tight enough on my 'barrel shroud'/fore end so it stay's put.