• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pic Request: Med Palma Barrel in #7 Contour Stock

hamstur

Smelly
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2011
Desert
Really specific request, but I tried looking for good pics and hit a brick wall.

Does anybody have close-up pics (or link to pics) of a medium Palma barrel sitting in a Manners or McMillan #7 contour stock? I'm trying to figure out if the extra gap between stock and barrel looks alright.

And for anyone who's gonna yell at me -- I know if it shoots great, it shoots great -- but we all have our vanity moments!
grin.gif

Thanks!
Andy

Re: Pic Request: Med Palma Barrel in #7 Contour Stock

I don't have a photo but I usually barrel my actions with medium palma contours (very similar to factory Accuracy Internationl barrels) and the extra space between bbl and stock looked just fine IMO. There is a decent space between bbl & stock in factory AI's and I never heard anyone complain about the looks of them. My Sako TRG-22 had a big gap and I never thought twice about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This might help. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt">How did my rifle make page 11?</span>

Tried both the Google image route and the Hide Google custom search but they run on wildcard string matches and didn't provide any usable results.

I also have a TRG and the spacing doesn't bug me either, but it's built with sort of a flat-based chassis style under the barrel. Guess I'm trying to gauge if the spacing in a fiberglass stock looks goofy cause we're used to them being barrel huggers.