• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes pic request: S&B 5x25x56mm on heavy barreled rifle

jayjaytuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Geneva, New York
can any of you guys with the schmidt & Bender 5x25x56mm scopes post a pic of them on your rifle, with 1" rings. (preferablly a MTU or similar heavy barrel rifle with a 20moa base.........

Reason i ask is the pics i have seen of them, the scope caps look like they are touching the barrel, is this OK?? the clearance is very little with the 1" high rings, but the next size up is 1.257" which is alloy, which kinda seems like it would be pretty high.

Re: pic request: S&B 5x25x56mm on heavy barreled rifle

Sako TRG with Badger 1 in rings, And yes I know it's not a heavy barrel. Near 25 MOA base
0310091739.jpg

Gap/Lawton 20 MOA base, No 7 barrel, .97 Seekins rings
7WSMSAS1.jpg

looks like they are clearing........i guess that puts my mind at ease.......
i just got conflicting info on which ring height to use......also, well i had a falcon menace with the 56mm objective and i couldnt get the cap on it with my old surgeon rifle (MTU contour barrel), but i sapose the falcon menace might have a larger outside diameter than the schmidt bender...

will somone mic/measure the outside diameter of the objective on the s&b 5x25x56mm with the butler creeks on........

thanks in advance!!!

Here's a few, all 1.0" Badger rings. I have Surgeon XL actions (30moa) and Surgeon short action (20moa) rifles. The caps get very close depending on the exact contour. All these barrels are MTU or similar. If you'd like any other specific pictures, let me know and I'll take some for you.

These are just what I have loaded up at the moment:

Web_ZW7U8857.jpg

Web_0J1T9076.jpg

Web_0J1T9080.jpg

Web_0J1T9065.jpg

Web_0J1T9586.jpg

Web_0J1T9588.jpg

Web_0J1T9684.jpg

Web_IMG_9648.jpg

Web_RD_2288.jpg

Web_RD_2294.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will somone mic/measure the outside diameter of the objective on the s&b 5x25x56mm with the butler creeks on........

thanks in advance!!! </div></div>
Hey <span style="font-weight: bold">jayjay</span>,

I didn't mike it, (I used a 6" steel rule with 1/64" (.015") increments. I eyeballed it at 168 1/64s', so thats' about 2.6" with the BC Flip Opens' on a 5-25X (56mm) PMII.

Keith

Re: pic request: S&B 5x25x56mm on heavy barreled r

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like they are clearing........i guess that puts my mind at ease.......
i just got conflicting info on which ring height to use......also, well i had a falcon menace with the 56mm objective and i couldnt get the cap on it with my old surgeon rifle (MTU contour barrel), but i sapose the falcon menace might have a larger outside diameter than the schmidt bender... </div></div>

On my rifles posted above, the BC's clear on some barrels and not on others. The 7wsm in the AICS posted above, the cap does not clear, it's bound against the barrel. I use it only for transportation then completely remove it either before going into the field, or just prior to setting up a shot.

SCOTT A COUSINO good god man thats a mp5! I want one sooooooo bad!

You are my hero and I hate you at the same time!

IMG_1510.jpg

Surgeon XL, .338LM
1" Badger rings
28" Bartlein MTU 1.350 @ shank
Dont use scope caps

Picture001.jpg

Thats a Broughotn 1000yd F-Class taper 26" long with the PAI Fatboy brake.