• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Picatinny adapter to flat for external battery

texasleftychef

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Looking for my externals to fit on a picatinny adapter or mlok setup with a flat square side large enough to use the 3M mushroom Velcro aka dual lock I think they call it. I had one that kind of worked but was for airsoft and eventually failed that I used on my Flir.

So imagine a picatinny adapter or mlok to roughly a playing card sized flat area. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on how to pull this off? Would be for top of Reap 60 and gen 1 reap 35.

thanks.

Looking for my externals to fit on a picatinny adapter or mlok setup with a flat square side large enough to use the 3M mushroom Velcro aka dual lock I think they call it. I had one that kind of worked but was for airsoft and eventually failed that I used on my Flir.

So imagine a picatinny adapter or mlok to roughly a playing card sized flat area. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on how to pull this off? Would be for top of Reap 60 and gen 1 reap 35.

thanks.

Not sure if this an option. Let me know if you have any questions. https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-thermal-remote-battery-trb/

I’ve considered the arca plates but unfortunately most are way beefier than I need and not flat on the bottom as I assume milled our to save weight. The TNVC rig has been an option but with the offset I don’t know it might work on the Reap gen2. Appreciate the ideas this far.

For the Reap V1 there are a few options. The IRX, UNV Anker, and TNVC TRB being the most popular and I have all 3.

The IRX uses rechargeable batteries so there is no cable. But mine only gets between two and a half and two hours forty five minutes per set. Hot or cold, bright or dim, heavy or light NUC....does not matter. This causes some anxiety for me as I have to keep time and know when to swap batteries and hope it is not about the time the piggies come out. I have forgotten.

The UNV Anker kit has a cord from the battery compartment to the Anker which is mounted via a pouch on the stock. Works great and I use it currently on my Hunter 60 although it can be used on the Reap V1. Cost is an issue at over $300. I probably would not have paid that for it but got a deal for $100 off a FB hunting group.

Best value I think is the TNVC TRB. I do not like the forward rail mount either, however there are a couple good hacks you can do to mount otherwise.

One, buy a Anker 5000 mah round battery and add Velcro to the bottom and/or top of the Reap battery compartment . Attach the battery then use a 12” Velcro strap to cinch it on tight. See picture below, the TRB cable is just long enough to wrap around the scope housing and plug in. Works great and I have not had any issues with scope or battery function nor comfort with setup when carrying with a sling.
A7EA8D3B-5BE4-462E-B1F4-211E6E4763AF.jpeg
26689DC3-E731-472F-AD3B-93344BCAAA9B.jpeg
F040435A-42A7-4A26-B663-B989388F80BD.jpeg

Second option, buy a 3” USB extension off Amazon and mount the Anker battery included with the TRB on the stock. Ditto on the Velcro for the stock and battery then use the 12” Velcro strap to cinch it tight. Also use a Velcro strap to keep the cord tight to the buffer tube, just make sure the buckle is positioned where the charging handle does not catch it. This option works well and the battery is out of the way and counterbalances the rifle. One of my hunting buddies runs this exclusively on his Hunter 35 no issues. Hope this helps.

Here is what I would do: get an Arisaka in-line scout flashlight mount for m-lok, and buy a small thin aluminum plate off eBay. Use the flashlight mounting holes to bolt the plate to the Arisaka. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: texasleftychef
Thanks guys. Going to try some of these out. I have the UNV charger already. I like the round battery idea and Velcro possibilities. I have actually been trying to find a scope ring that might hold the round batteries too.

Going to have to research the flashlight mount idea.

Thanks for the ideas.

How do you guys think the TNVC would work on a Reap Gen 2? I’d ideally like to run it right on top of the unit.

Flashlight hold and round batteries looks like a solid option too. Thanks for the tip.

Also just looked at that Anker battery and it’s supposedly 1.3 inches in diameter which is pretty close to 34mm. Maybe somebody has one that could see how it fits in a 34mm ring? Or I’ll buy one tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
I use the cylinder shaped Anker 5k with my thermal sometimes... a Neomag Sentry strap works perfectly to hold it on the side of your rail or underside of your stock cheek piece. Plus you get a great way to stow your sling.

Reactions: PlinkIt

Exactly what I’ve been looking for. Thanks so much. Also been having luck with the cheap quick connect scope rings and the 5k round batteries.

Hope you guys are well don’t get on much anymore.