• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picatinny base for CZ 452 American

CCooper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
Hoschton, GA
What's available and considered the best? I seen the DIP, which looks great, but I'm worried about the 6 set screws marring into the action.

IIRC, the receiver of the CZ rimfires is not drilled and tapped and that makes the selection easier. Most use the DIP. It is what is on my 455.
Also, if you look in CZ-USA store the weaver mount the sell is the same type and maybe the same maker.

IIRC, the receiver of the CZ rimfires is not drilled and tapped and that makes the selection easier. Most use the DIP. It is what is on my 455.
Also, if you look in CZ-USA store the weaver mount the sell is the same type and maybe the same maker.

Yes, they are not drilled and tapped and the DIP uses the 6 set screws. Did they mar your action on your 455, or do you know? Thanks

Yes, they are not drilled and tapped and the DIP uses the 6 set screws. Did they mar your action on your 455, or do you know? Thanks
I can't say because, once I installed the base, i never intended for it to come off. I am sure DIP or Murphy either one would be happy to discuss that. Cameron Murphy has always been a pleasure to talk to.

I believe that most base options will be of two kinds, either set screw tightened against the action/rail or need to be drilled and tapped for mounting screws...

Murphy Precision has set screws that are brass tipped which sounds great, but they are triple the price of the DIP. Read somewhere to drop a lead shot in below the set screw to prevent marring…think I'll go with DIP and try that.

I have the DIP also on my CZ 455. Took it off a few weeks ago for a thorough cleaning. I really didnt notice much marring, but you could tell where the screws had been. But like the above posters said, in normal circumstances, it never comes off the gun, so it's a non issue for me.

I had not seen the Murphy rail, that is pretty slick. If money was not an issue, I would like to give that one a run.

What's available and considered the best? I seen the DIP, which looks great, but I'm worried about the 6 set screws marring into the action.
Just drop a #5 shot (maybe #7.5 I forget which) into each hole before you put the set-screw in, the shot prevents scoring the receiver.