• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picatinny rail mount to fit Remington 1903 Springfield

op8ed

Words i live by, Never give up, Never surrender.
Minuteman
May 5, 2021
Help!
Back in 1982 I built a custom 30-06 US Remington Model 1903, with a McMillan barrel, and a Bell and Carlson stock, on a US Remington 1903 Springfield at the time I had Weaver scope bases installed on the top of the receiver, they are centered on the receiver and have never been a problem, until I purchased a new Scope with a 30mm tube. the tube is too short to mount on the existing bases. I need a Picatinny rail, as the new scope tube is shorter than my old ocope. and will not fit the mounts as they are too far apart to mount the new scope.
I do not want to have the receiver re-drilled and tapped, so I am looking for a rail to fit my existing bases. the bases are Weaver #55 on the front of the receiver and the rear is a Weaver 54 on the rear, the dimensions over all are 5.352 inches front of the front mount to rear of the rear mount is 5.352 inches the inside dimensions from the rear of the front mount, to the front of the rear mount is 3.752 inches.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, to find a Picatinny rail that will fit my existing bases?
Thanks greatly in advance.

op8ed