• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picatinny rail on AIAW

jp67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2006
Into the wild
Has anybody instaled a picatinny rail on a AIAW?
At the time i bought mine, i went with the regular dovetail mount instead of the picatinny one. Now, i wish i could swap scopes between rifles.
Anybody did it?
What is needed?
Thanks

Re: Picatinny rail on AIAW

No problem Badger ordnance makes a rail for the aw just need to thread and tap to install

^^^
as stated above. The only difference between doing that and what AI does is they also epoxy them in place.

Thanks a lot
Do you guys have close up photos of what it looks like?

AI makes a rail for an AW. Depending on the year of manufacture the AW action comes with predrilled and tapped holes so all you need is the rail, 2 screws, 2 pins and epoxy.
AINA service can help, call Eric on 540-368-3108

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Got no answer from AINA and Accuracy international.
On the other hand, Sportingservices told me about the PRI mount
http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186584&CAT=4287

"Accuracy tactical base attaches to the 11mm rail on top of the Accuracy rifle and designed to accommodate compact scopes or night vision devices."

What do you guys think?
No gunsmithing needed

10026_46373.jpg

10026_47608.jpg

What do you guys think?
No gunssmithing needed

That mount looks a little weak sauce to me, I'd go with a more permanent solution otherwise you got clamps on clamps on clamps, more shit to go wrong.... and I'm guessing like most you got an AI so shit doesn't go wrong. Just my two cents

If your AIAW is already drilled and tapped for the rail mounting screws as Tom Irwin described, then I would definitely go with the AI rail. Call Eric at the number Tom gave and be persistent if there is no answer. You might also e-mail Tom or send him a PM. Ask if AI have a rail with forward cant as the standard rail is flat (no cant).

If your rifle is not already drilled and tapped for the AI rail, then I would ask Richard Near (Near Manufacturing in Canada) if they have a Picatinny rail for the AI dovetail that does not require drilling and tapping - their products are outstanding. One advantage of a Near Manufacturing rail is that it might be canted - get one with 20MOA. Another solution is to buy the AI rail and have your dovetail drilled and tapped for it, if you know a great gunsmith.