• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picatinny Rail - Savage 10fp swivel studs mount

fewenuff

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2009
Kalifornia
www.seagee.com
Been searching here and there for a pre-drilled rail to mount an Atlas bipod on my 10fp. Without much luck. Factory tupperware stock with the swivel studs at 2.5 inch on center. OH and BTW where can one find Swivel Studs in various sizes and lengths?

Looks like I need to just buy some raw picatinny rail, drill, cut and shape it to size....UNLESS somebody knows of a merchant that has rail for sale with holes at various spacing or with a slot.

There is a certain attraction to making it myself BUT...hehehe

Thx for any suggestions!

ps...someone has already pointed out that I have a built in excuse for buying more shooting stuff. A new stock! drool...not yet grasshopper.
crazy.gif

Update: CTD has studs (dumbass me did not dig deep enough)

Re: Picatinny Rail - Savage 10fp swivel studs mount

Hey welcome to the Hide, and thank you for spelling your States name correctly.

Since you have the cheapo stock, just get a BT17 from Kasey, use the front sling stud hole, and drill a hole for the rear, and use the rear sling stud with washers and a nut if need be, Brownells sells different length studs.

BababooE Team B, thx!

Looking more and more like my options are drill or make regardless of bipod choice. There are some bipods out there that are supposedly plug and play. If it aint for an "assault" rifle (hehehe I wrote ass) or a few choice platforms it is a custom job.

hey now

A harris will attach directly to the bipod stud, but the Atlas is flat out a better choice IMHO, don't scared about drilling, Krylon will cover it up.

not sure if this helps any...but I installed a Seekins Precision front sling rail (personally modified) & LaRue Tactical quick release bi-pod adapter on my 10fp.

Glen at Seekins would probably make a custom set up if needed, but I didn't have the time to wait and made my own modification.
Seekins Precision

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

Reactions: GotCox

Seekins is exactly the way I went with mine and it works really
well,especially if you counter sink the bolt head.
And believe me I tried a few different rails.

Just got my Savage 110BA 338LM. I just want to make sure I follow this correctly. For the Atlas bipod to work on a swivel stud, you have to take it out and install a picanny rail attachment? Like the photos above?
Just double checking that an Atlas wont attach any other way before I take the knife to her.

That's right, the Atlas attaches to a rail or to a spigot like on an AICS chassis. The rail is about the only way to go. Once you have a rail on there, there are two different Atlas models. One for simple clamp on style and another with a quick clamp style for quick removal and installation. Its really not that hard to retrofit a rail on there.

Check with Kasey (maker of the Atlas). They sell a rail that can fit the standard two stud setup on the front of a Savage stock. No modding needed. I've used this method and making a custom one.

BT15 Rail - http://www.site-secure.biz/accushot/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=64

Good luck!
Mike

I emailed Kasey to find out for sure. Appreciate it M1K3. Below are pics of the underside-buttstock for monopod attachment. And another of the front underside for bipod attachment. Looks like the holes are already there for the monopod. Not so much for the bipod piccany attachment.

cba3dc1c.jpg

b40850f0.jpg

Sorry TR, I was thinking about a 10FP model like the original poster mentioned. I skipped right over your 338 which has the BAS/BAT style stock. I personally have never seen the bottom of that stock so those pics were interesting.

You look fine on the back for the mono-pod if it uses a standard stud mount/screw. On the front, you may have to get inventive here. I can't tell from that pic but is that rectangular section on the bottom removable? If so, you could mount a small rail there. May have to drill holes but those stocks are aluminum and should be able to take it.

Other than that you may be stuck with Harris, which is a great and reliable bi-pod as well.

Where in Texas are you located?

Mike

Im at Lubbock at the moment going to school. I went by West Texas Tactical and had a rail put on without any drilling. They took off the rectangular piece and mounted a BT28 AFAR Kit.

Just need the picanny rail mounted on the Magpul PSR2 for the monopod now.

That looks to be a good fit for that rail there given the small area to work with. Is that slot seen in the bottom of the fore stock a rail to mount a bi-pod slider or is it just for cooling/cool factor? Is that where they put the BT28 or did it replace that rectangular piece on the front? Just curious.

Glad it worked out for you. You'll love the atlas bi-pods and if you don't (some don't for personal tastes) you can normally sell them for close to full price in classifieds.

Mike