• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pick a 6.5 right now

Bugholes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Central TN
www.bugholes.com
Im doing a 6.5mm barreled action for resale <span style="font-weight: bold">right now</span>, gonna ream it in less than an hour. I will shoot this tomorrow (hopefully) and have it for sale by the end of the day. Gonna be a Stiller TAC30 A/W, Rem Varmint barrel 22-24" threaded 5/8-24 with SS Thread protector. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Pick either of the two (nothing else!</span>):
<span style="font-weight: bold">260 Remington
6.5 Creedmoor</span>
as soon as you can please
thanks...

Re: pick a 6.5 right now

I don't have either of the two you mentioned and the 6.5CM is cool I'm sure but doesn't the 260 just have alot more support behind it? I may be wrong....

Of those two in a Bolt Rifle I would go 260. Add another option and my next rifle will likely be a 6.5x47 unless I gain some brains and go with the 260. AR-10 then I would do the CM.

Reread the conditions:

6.5 Creedmoor. Factory ammo appeals to a greater audience than handloaders alone.

SWammo has a great selection of factory 260 ammo, not an excuse to do a creedmoor anymore so .260 again

Creedmoor, mine was just finished by chad at Long Rifles and ships to me on Monday.

Out of the 2 that I shot... the Creedmoor would have to be my first choice. Easier on the recoil impulse, and appeared to be the more accurate of the 2. The 260 was very very picky, and wasn't as accurate.

I am sure that you could spend the time with the 260 and make it perform better, but I don't want to have to work out all the details to get it shooting right.

I still prefer my 243 over either of them though.

DK

If you do it in .260 @ 24" I will likely buy it from you as I was literally just about to order parts to build this exact thing!

Creedmoor of course!
wink.gif

I say Creedmoor.

If you do something similar in 308, I am a buyer! Already have a 6.5.

It is a 260 now, 24" threaded 5/8-24 with seamless SS thread protector.
$1675 today, $1725 tomorrow if I shoot it and provide a test target

Thank you for your input, I'll try to do a creedmoor next week