• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pick My Next Optic: 4-16X Or Similar, Lightweight Bolt, Sig Cross 6.5CM

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Pick My Next Optic: 4-16X Or Similar, Lightweight Bolt, Sig Cross 6.5CM

Would like BCD, lightweight less than 22oz, decent glass

sub $1,000

enough elevation to get out to 1,000 yards

What's your pick?

I'm going to assume you want MOA or don't care, since you want "BCD" and didn't specify SFP or FFP. SFP isn't really a huge issue on a 15x max mag scope IMO. Mil/MOA subtensions are better than BDC, but whatever floats your boat

Razor LHT HD 3-15x44
VX-5HD 3-15x44
Viper HSLR 4-16x50

The Razor is my strongest suggestion. The first two are definitely better optics, but probably over your price point NIB. 22oz with decent glass is a big ask. I believe the Viper also lacks a zero stop, but I haven't been behind one in a couple of years.

I'd also take a look at Trijicon's Tenmile & Credo scopes (I think HX = MOA). I've never used either line, so someone else will need to chime in. I do have an AccuPoint 1-4 LPVO & the Accupoint reticles suck bigtime (glass is ok though), so skip that line.

Meopta maybe? Anyone else?

Do you mean 3-15x42 Razor LHT? That is the only one I can find that's close enough to your suggestion. But those are $1499?

sub $1,000

What's your pick?
OP, please clarify your requirements for us- do you mean a new optic or used, and does the $1000 budget include the sales tax?

With posts like yours, most but not all people assume new optic, but the sales tax question will often go ignored, also the replies will often be about used optics.

sub $1,000

What's your pick?
It's just barely over your price range ($1,149), but it would be the best optic for the money... And it fits all your other criteria. It's 23 oz. and has a MOA reticle with stadia for holdovers. Not to mention Zeiss quality, built by LOW in Japan, and has phenomenal, bright, clear & crisp Japanese ED glass for it's price.

Reactions: R_A_W
Do you mean 3-15x42 Razor LHT? That is the only one I can find that's close enough to your suggestion. But those are $1499?
@LibertyOptics (edit - wrong price removed) is running a great deal on Vortex scopes for the month of May.

However, @FuhQ is right, the Z4 the best for the money. The Z4 totally skipped my mind. I'll note that I can only recommend the Z4 based upon what I've read/seen online, however.

Last edited: